Chapter 2

The next day the Head maid visited the harem where all the King's concubines resides.

"I have heard, the King visits a particular maiden quite often nowadays. I will like to meet her."

"Excuse me head lady but the King's frequent visits for her is not why you are thinking. The King loves the Queen. He has never bedded any of us." explained one of them scared for the other lady

The head maid raised her right eyebrow, "Then why the Queen's title as the King's lover became a question among the palace ladies. Why is Monica flaunting about the King sleeping with her and she was even given position of the helper of the Prince's Nanny by the king himself." she questioned folding her arms to her chest ready for hearing the explanation .

"Monica is a liar. As I said before the King never beds any of us. His Highness visits us to make sure we are not having any sort of troubles. Ji-young's story is kind of personal only the King and I know about it, so I would need Ji-young's permission before I tell you about it. Monica on the other hand dreams of being the King's consort. That is why she is spreading rumors. The king never gave Monica orders to Nanny the Prince. As His Highness found out that Monica planned to poison the Queen. His Highness ordered  to throw her out of the Palace. I have no idea how she came back."

:
:
:
:
:
"My Queen," The King pecked the Queen's hand as she was sleeping.

"I know you are doubting my love. As I visit a particular maiden quite often but I can't explain anything without her permission. This might create a misunderstanding between us but I love only you."

The Queen moved a little in her sleep. She slowly fluttered her eyes open, she was facing the other side and only moved her head to the other side once she felt soft lips on her forehead, "Good Morning Darling." the King greeted still holding the Queen's soft hand in his.

"m'not your darling anymore. You do not love me like you used to." the Queen mumbled.

The King chuckled, thinking his darling had another dream as it happens quite often. "Had another dream where I cheated. Is that why my darling is mad ?
Don't worry,I know Just the thing which will make my darling all happy again." Saying that, the King started peppering his Queen with small pecks starting from her neck.

"Unfortunately, this time my so called dreams are not to be blamed. Please, stop pecking my neck King Kim." The king froze on his spot only an inch away from the Queen's neck.

"What did you call me?" The king said hurt evident in his eyes. As he does not like the Queen calling him by his royal title.

The Queen got down from her bed, standing in front of the mirror, she grabbed a hair brush from the Vanity table to comb her hair before replying, "Why, isn't that what everyone supposed to call you."

"Yes, everyone but you dear." "I don't think so. I don't think of myself worthy of calling the King by names other than his Royal title. I am... but Just a Queen."

"Dear, look at me in the eyes." "No, your highness I shall not." The Queen replied

"Is it about my frequent visits to the Harem ? I promise you I have never bedded any of the concubines. They are my concubines Just in name." The King explained desperately.

"It's not about that. It's about my husband trusting a woman I hate taking care of my child. You have hurt me. You think I am incapable of mothering my own child." The Queen sobbed.

The King put the Queen's head on his chest and let her cry, "I did not hire anyone to take care of Ji-hun."