...wanted to stay away from her.

His lips were pressed close together into a straight line. His eyes cold and blank.

The principal recited all kinds of stories to his dad, the only person he fears.

What?
That he was spoiling all the other guys, troubling girls, creating fights, trolling around and that he was losing concentration in his studies. He wanted to stay away from his father's glare. He could do nothing. Even if he tries to speak the truth here, his dad will always believe the other party, then why try? 

He was that rich kid, the handsome hunk that everyone wanted to live a life like but he had his own troubles. Troubles that always succeeded in either breaking his heart or making him despondent. One of those troubles were his dad himself.

"I hope he'll change soon.", the principal concluded. "I'll make sure.", his dad's serious deep voice sounded low. "I'll take my leave and my son for today." The principal nodded, reverting to the papers on his desk. Jungkook's dad walked out without more words and he just followed, his head down, knowing the consequences of all this.

He couldn't get her picture out of his mind. Was all those mixed signals his mind's play? It couldn't be. He could sometimes see it in her eyes. But no one would do that, not even as a prank right? If she had at least took him as her friend, she wouldn't.

"Dad...I did nothing wrong.", he spoke as he walked out. "I didn't ask you to speak."

He sighed. He had to deal with this. Like he always has.

"J-Jungkook?"
He recognized the weak voice in a jiffy.
"Believe me, I really didn't mean to...I-"
"I need to go, Y/n."

He couldn't look into her eyes. In fact, he didn't even turn around. His tone was more detached than expected. It wasn't like he hated her all of a sudden, he would never be able to do that but just that, somewhere deep down in his heart it was rooted that she was the reason for all this.

"Where? It isn't dispersal yet..."

He sighed. He wanted to avoid her for some reason. Maybe the disappointment, or his ego, or anything. "You don't have to know that." He really didn't want to make it sound so rude, but it did. She silenced. He heard his dad call his name out. He glanced at her for a last time before walking out, into the black luxurious vehicle.

From the tinted glass he could see her standing by the entrance with hurt visible on her face. He looked away quickly. He didn't want to let second thoughts into his disturbed mind. His heart was heavy. He knew he'll be locked up but didn't know, for how long. Was choosing my own path over my dad's business that big of a crime?

He never had luck on family relationships or common happiness and now he felt so hopeless over love too. He gazed outside watching trees sprint by but his thoughts were all over his senses. He grasped nothing off the view outside, he could only see the various scenes of his own life that had transpired over all these years.

Everything was fine when he was young. Why did it change after that?

。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆

He hadn't realized that the car had pulled over into the garage of his huge 'house'. He silently got out and walked away, not sparing another glance at his fuming father lest he would have to face his hatred. Why does he not love me?

He saw his mother seated impatiently on the luxurious couch. He just looked at her once and passed by, not wanting to speak now. She read the look on his face. She knew what had happened. She knew, it wasn't his fault. 

He went into his bedroom and closed the door shut, sliding down the door, his head hung low into his knees. He heard the muffled yells of his father and his mother's meaningless retortions. They were fighting. Again. And it was all about him. 

Sometimes, he would hate his father because ever since he had turned down the huge 'offer' from his father, his life had been like this. His father never tried to understand him. He never gave him a single penny for his college fee - the 19 year old son of the richest businessman had to beg his uncle for money. It wasn't technically an insult. His uncle was a great man, a good one, a father-figure to him. He loves Jungkook more than his own father.

The voices from the main hall increased with time.
'HE'S USELESS!' 'SUCH AN INSULT' 'DOES HE KNOW HE'S A JEON!?' ; The male voice said nothing good about him, just as expected. The female voice, so shrill and powerless before the endless growling of the elder male, kept defending her dear son, even though she knew that the end would always favor the former.

His moist, doe eyes roamed all over his room, his heart shredding inside the ribs. His sight fell on the small framed polaroid picture on the wall - him, his dad and his mom, happy on a sunny day at the beautiful beach. Those days were wonderful but long gone. So gone that it would never return.

Then he looked at the tiny passport sized photo stuck on the board above his study table, between so many sticky notes - his vague effort to hide the picture from his father's eyes. The girl in the picture still remained beautiful. She was beautiful. He missed her. Her comforting words. Her warm embrace. Everything. 

'IF ONLY MY DAUGHTER WAS ALIVE-'

Jungkook closed his eyes, stabbed deathly by his dad's last words. If only she was alive...she would protect me, wouldn't she? No tears came out of his eyes. He didn't want to cry. Jeon Hyejin. He missed her. His elder sister. She left him on that unfortunate day - the day his entire family and life, fell apart. The accident - it broke them apart.

It was, actually an accident; something that was never expected. It was because of no one. Since the beginning, his dad loved his daughter more than his son but Jungkook was never jealous because he knew, why it was like that. She was better in so many ways and Jungkook was proud always, she was his sister after all. After her death, all of them were distraught, his father at most. He changed completely. He wasn't the old dad. Nothing was like normal anymore.

His lips curved up a little.
3 years ago, when she accompanied him to the college to help him with his admission, she had a huge smile on her face as she said, 'You see her?'
He turned around to look where she was pointing to. A cute girl with round glasses, enchanting dimples, so pretty, almost bewitching. 'She was my junior at school.', Hyejin informed, 'She is perfect for you, isn't she?'

A pained chuckle left his lips as he remembered that moment. He turned his phone on, looking at the lock screen fondly. A picture he had taken of his girl secretly. His sister had chosen the best for him. Lim Y/n. He hadn't felt much on the first day but then it just began and never ended.

He thought he would make her his and live the happy life that he wanted, that his sister had wanted for him but how can he when the girl doesn't even consider him her friend.

His heart couldn't be more worn out. He was tired. His head ached. His body limp. He didn't want to stand up. He wanted to stay in that corner, all day long, destroy himself for dreaming things that he wasn't supposed to. He wanted a drag. He wanted to get wasted. 

Misunderstandings and disappointing details cluttered his restless mind and it wasn't going to be easy for him. Especially when he was so alone.