...seen him like that.

The taxi pulled over in front of a large mansion. You got out in a trance, ogling at the grandeur of the place. The designing and engineering was on point. It was a new age house built in an old manner, increasing the elegance. You walked to the closed gates. A small opening in the gate revealed a security guard. 

"Yes?"

"May I meet Jeon Jungkook?"

The security looked at you suspiciously. "What is your name? And relation with him?" He inquired as though you were standing before the court in the charge of a murder. "I'm Lim Y/n. His friend...from college." There was silence from his side before he sighed and spoke. "I'm sorry, miss. I cannot let you in. I've got orders from Mr. Jeon."

You looked at him in hope but saw the unfazed seriousness in his eyes. "Please, you need to let me in." The security simply nodded as a no. Your eyes shifted to the entrance of the house where a middle aged woman, too pretty for her age, stood staring at you. You saw her go back inside and not too later, a female voice came through the guard's walkie-talkie.

"Let her in."

You looked at the guard with hope. He looked at you with the same suspicious eyes before sticking the walkie-talkie in its place and opening the gate. You didn't waste anymore time and jogged in, moving quickly into the house. 

The place was huge. You looked so small among the various furniture of the hall. "Y/n." You heard a female voice from your side, catching your attention. The same woman from before stood there with a soft smile. You smiled back at her.

"I'm Jungkook's mom.", she informed. Your posture straightened at the sudden enlightenment. "I suppose, you're here to meet Jungkook?", she asked, as though trying to read your mind which wasn't that difficult. You breathed out deeply, guilt taking over you again. "Aunty, it wasn't his fault, on that day. I don't know, I just blurted shit and he got into this big of a trouble. Please forgive me."

The request and sorry in your tone made the soft features of the elder woman ease up. "I know you didn't mean it, dear. I also have full trust that my son can never do such a thing. He can be such a rogue sometimes but he can never hurt the girl he- oh! I mean he can never hurt any woman. I didn't raise him like that."

Your pensive self couldn't understand the giveaways in the woman's tone and could only understand that your actions had caused problems for all of them. She could see the apology in your eyes. Keeping her hand on your shoulders, she made you look up at her. 

"Go talk whatever you want with him. He needs some company. He'll talk to you...at least." Her voice trailed off as her speech concluded. Her cheerful eyes had moistened with tears. You smiled at her. That was the maximum you could do to comfort her at the moment. It was pretty evident that he hadn't talked to her properly since days.

She pulled away and stood in a distance. "There. Around the corner, the first room. That's his." You smiled a little and nodded, soon making your way to his room.

Standing in front of the door, decorated with a calligraphic set of J and K, you took a deep breathe before knocking. After a few moments of silence, you heard shuffling from inside, cluttering and groans. You knocked again. This time it was a loud bang followed by his loud voice, "Who's there?!" 

He sounded tired and sleepy.

You gulped before answering, "P-Please open the door..."

You didn't want to tell him who you were lest he wouldn't open the door. Why would he? There's no wonder he might be still angry with you. You also knew he wouldn't recognize your voice. He may not even have noticed how I sounded like, right?

Silence was all that you got once again. You waited. Nothing.

But then, you saw the door knob turn, revealing him.

He was in a loose sleeveless top. His long hair was messy, half of his hair tied up into a bun. His radiant face looked fatigue-ridden, his cute doe eyes dull and cold. There were eyebags beneath his eyes. The look on his face as he saw you, hurt you but you weren't going to step back now. You could understand that he had cried a lot, he had wasted himself a lot more than you'd expected.

From the little bit of what was revealed through the door, you saw the empty bottles of alcohol lying on the floor. He looked like he hadn't shaved for days. The room was hot, a lot more humid than outside.

"W-What do you..want?", he asked, looking down to avoid your gaze. "Jungkook...what have you done to yourself?" It was unintentional but the manifestation of the pain inside you. The Jungkook you knew was the charismatic man who's ever happy, his pretty face always decorated with a smile. But this person in front of you was not him.

"Y/n...you have nothing to do here. Please leave." He still hadn't matched eyes with yours. When he understood you weren't going to budge, he sighed and started closing the door but was stopped when you stepped in between. "I came to talk." He looked up at you this time, his eyes cold and expressionless.

"I don't think we left anything hanging." 

"Doesn't mean we cannot start a new conversation."

By his face, you knew he really wasn't in the mood to talk but you had to solve all this if it is in your hands.

"I'll be back at college soon. We can talk then."

"This is not something we can talk later."

"Y/n, I'm really not in the mood. I don't want to get angry on you."

You stepped forward, just inches away from his figure which towered your smaller height. You were determined. 

If you talk, it is now or never.