Backpack

I was slowly lifted to eye level. i could feel his gaze looking at me all over, probably trying to find a button or latch or anything that might tell him what was going on. I finally dared to open my eyes a crack out of curiosity but my eyes ended up meeting his deep brown eyes and we made eye contact.

    We were both too stunned to speak or even move until he broke the silence. "You.. you're alive!??" he asked. "obviously" i thought as i mentally rolled my eyes "is this some kind of sick joke my friends are playing on me?". 

(a/n, i almost had her say "you have friends?!")

"P-please...... don't hurt me" i pleaded mentally, i hate that he saw me cry and heard the weakness in my voice. He dropped me suddenly when he processed the fact that i reacted. unlike a toy, i let out a sheik of pure terror as i went hurling toward the hard wood floor of the bullies' bedroom. I closed my eyes and braced for impact. only, when I hit the floor it was a lot softer then i had thought. I cracked one eye open and saw it, I was on a giant hand. I started to crawl backwards towards the edge of his hand, anything even death was better than being at the mercy of a giant.

  Growing up I had always been taught that humans were nothing but merciless monsters. I had been told never under any circumstances trust a human and NEVER be seen. I had already broken the "don't be seen" rule, but I was determined to get as far away from this boy as possible and forget this ever happened. I suddenly bumped into what felt like a bumpy wall, i looked behind me and realized his fingers were curled in a way that made it so I couldn't fall off his hand. I was beginning to shake, "Woah, woah, calm down. It's ok I- i promise i won't hurt you" he said in a gentle and calm voice, almost making me calm down, almost. I looked up at him with big fear filled eyes and silently pleaded with him to let me go. "A-are u hurt?" he asked in a voice that sounded kind, almost concerned. I shook my head no. he looked shocked, and for a moment i was confused that was until i realized, i had just given it away that i could understand him.

    "Wait. c-can you understand me?" he asked. It was already to late to play dumb so i nodded weakly. "Th-then can you talk?" he asked, raising his voice. I covered my ears due to the volume but eventually said "y-yeah" I said it quietly enough so he would have to be really listening to understand. He was really listening.

    "I'm going to stand up now. Ok?" he said as less of a question and more of a statement. I nodded slowly as he stood up to his full height, making me a bit dizzy.

        He walked over to a desk that was placed on the side of the room right next to an almost completely full bookcase. Once he reached it he sat down in a desk chair and gently set me down on the desktop.