new faces and more trouble

What. the. Fuck.

Every part of me was telling me i was hallucinating, how could this be possible? I haven't seen any other borrowers for years, why would I meet one now? I couldn't wrap my head around this. I decided to play it off as a dream and ignored it, that was until I heard it "wake up! Unless you want to stay with this giant." that.... Did Not sound fake a-and it wasn't loud enough to be Jayden or Noah. could it actually be another borrower?

At that thought my eyes shot open filler with hope, i sat up and looked for the body connected to the hands that were previously shaking my awake. Then i locked eyes with him. I couldn't believe my eyes, I showed this by rubbing my eyes vigorously to see if he would somehow disappear. He didn't. "H-how?" I asked, my voice shaking and laced with both happiness and uneasy-ness.

Sure he was a borrower, making him much less dangerous than a human but he was still taller than me as borrowers can still hurt each other as humans can turn on each other too. I was scared but i knew i had a fighting chance due to how weak he looked, i was pretty strong due to the whole climbing ropes, jumping from high places, you know normal borrower stuff (aka constantly risking your life) the sound of his voice cutting the thick air abruptly shook me from my thoughts, returning me back to the situation.

"Come on, he'll wake soon!!" i realized he was referring to Noah, "b-but if he sees im gone he'll be mad!" i replied, though i wanted so badly to leave and go back to borrowing i know i would miss Noah even if only a little, same with Jayden. Not to mention even if i did go with him, what if Noah found us? He would be so mad, i don't know what but i know he would find a way to at least temporarily stop me from leaving as this is the second time. I felt Noah sleepily start to tighten his grip around me and I started trying to wiggle out before he could tighten it too much. "We have to go.

He's human, aka not.to.be.trusted!" the boy whisper yelled. "This will get him distracted long enough to let you go!" he said as he lifted a makeshift sword from its holder on his belt. I knew this was dangerous but i missed being able to go where i want when i want. Not have to always be watched or held by giant hands. He saw the determined look on my face and quickly jabbed the sword into Noah's leg. I felt a twinge of guilt but I had to do this, this is the only way to go back to normal life. If that's even possible. Noah quickly shot up from his slumber, and to my dismay, he did not let go of me due to shock. Quite the opposite actually, he tightened his grip on me, though i could breath it was still quite uncomfortable, i started to try and wiggle my way out of his hand though he seemed not to notice. "Wh-who are you!?" asked Noah in surprise. Shit he's going to get..... I don't know his name.

But still! Noah took one of his hands off of me and reached it slowly towards the borrower boy. "Stay back, human!" he said, holding his makeshift sword up as if warning he would cut Noah if he reached even a bit closer. Noah's hand stopped moving, probably for fear of being slashed by the makeshift glass sword."Put the girl down." the borrower said with anger lacing his voice.

Weirdly enough, he did. Noah slowly set me down on his legs only a few (borrower) feet from the boy I still didn't know the name of. "Thank you!" I yelled running over to the boy,I was grateful not to be confined to that uncomfortable hand only longer. "Wait april!" Noah said in surprise as he reached his hand closer to me.he was quickly met with a swift slash of the makeshift glass sword.

He pulled his hand back quickly looking at the cut, there was a straight cut across the top of his palm, blood was starting to come out of the small yet painful cut. If he wasn't angry before he would definitely be angry now. I started to shake in fear as my initial instincts of 'human + anger = pain.' I turned, still holding the boy's hand, and ran to the far end of Noah's bed. Noah was far too preoccupied with the cut on his hand to notice our small forms making our way to the ground.