0.1: Making Way To The Council

Jeongsan couldn't defy the council. "Are you leaving now ?", he asked as they all took in Yeonjun' latest words. Soobin stood from where he sat. A determined look forming in his eyes, just like Yeonjun'. There was nothing left to discuss. "저희는 이만 가보겠습니다. 우리는 이것을 해야 합니다." (We'll be taking our leave now. We must do this.) 

The boy's made their way to the door. Beomgyu & Taehyun pushing the mahogany double doors open. Their parents stood before them (at least the one's who were in the penitentiary). Hyun-Shik was at the for front. Soobin stared his father down. The energy between them was harsh & intense. 

All was quiet for for a few seconds before Hyun-Shik stepped forward, resting a hand on Soobin' head. A look of a complete affection on his face. What was this ? Why was Hyun-Shik acting so differently than he last was ? Soobin looked his father in the eyes. So many questions ran through his mind, but was silenced by a single smile from his father. "항상 보여드리지 못했지만 사랑합니다. 수빈아, 네가 돌아오면 내가 증명해 줄게요." (I know I haven't always shown it, but I love you. I'll prove it to you when you return, Soobin ah.)

Soon enough they were far away from the institute. Although they've never seen the Nova Caize Council before, they were relatively sure they were headed in the right direction. Yeonjun fell into step with Soobin. Beomgyu & Taehyun taking the lead with Huening Kai. 

It felt right. Being together again. They were much different people than when they all met for the first. "How are you feeling ? I can't say I know what you feel entirely, but you are confused." Soobin nodded. He was a bit confused. His father was a complex person for him to understand in general. "It is a bit odd, but I think he is being genuine. In our last conversation he claimed I was his favorite son... That he had high hopes for me..."

High hopes ? Yeonjun was glad that Soobin was opening up to him again. Things most definitely were intense between them last, but it was like that for everyone. They played it up with laughter & smiles to save face. "Do you think this was the reason ? That you dad knew this was going to happen ?" Soobin sighed. How was he supposed to determine that ? "저는 제 아버지인 남자를 완전히 이해한 적이 없습니다. 최현식이 드디어 제가 필요로 하는 아버지가 되려고 했던 것 같아요." (I have never fully understood the man that is my father. I think Choi Hyun-Shik was finally trying to be the father I need.)

Conversation soon stopped. The night sky welcomed them & a cool breeze caused each of the boys to get slight chills. They nearly were close to the outskirts of Monzara, Huening Kai being very adamant that they camp for the night while they could. Beomgyu kept close to Taehyun, of course. "Taehyun, you've been quiet for a while now. What's up ?" 

Taehyun sighed as he sat with him. Huening Kai left them alone after getting a glare out of frustration. "I know we forgave him... However, I still feel so angry around him." Who was the he ? He was none other than their friend, Choi Yeonjun. "No one would blame you. It will take a while before you fully feel comfortable around him again." 

Unfortunately, Yeonjun walked by. He heard everything. Beomgyu noticed, "Ah hyung, did you hear that ?" Beomgyu was well over his anger with Soobin & Yeonjun. Taehyun was a different story obviously in regards to Yeonjun. Yeonjun' attention zeroed in on Taehyun. "Are you seriously going to continue acting like a child, Taehyun ah ? I am not at fault because you decided to lie & have others lie for you." 

Taehyun stood up. His purple eyes meeting Yeonjun' gaze. "방금 뭐라고 하셨죠?" (What did you just say ?) Yeonjun scoffed as he reiterated what he previously said, "I said you're acting like a child." Beomgyu pushed them apart. Huening Kai didn't intervene, but Soobin pulled Yeonjun back. The last thing they needed was a fight of any kind. 

Suddenly a few branches snapped under the weight of someone's feet. Who was out here ? The person stepped into the clearing. The mysterious girl wore a pitch black cloak & let out a sigh. "Fighting now, are we ?" Huening Kai couldn't get any distinction of who the girl was since her wand most likely was covered by her cloak.

Beomgyu questioned her. "Who are you ? How did you know we were here ?" The girl smirked as she wasn't intimidated at all. "백하루입니다. 모두 만나서 반가워요." (I am Baek Haru. Nice to meet you all.)