0.5: Soobin' Training

SOOBIN POV

I covered my ears as screams filled the room. Haru sat across from me unfazed. Had she undergone this training before ? I forced myself to look her in the eyes, "어떻게 그렇게 침착하게 앉아 있어요? 저를 이렇게 보는 게 즐거우세요?" (How can you sit there so calm ? Does seeing me like this entertain you ?) Had she seen the other boys ?

The screams of Kai, Taehyun, Yeonjun, & Beomgyu still filling the room. Haru sighed as she answered me. I couldn't tell what she was thinking at all. "Did it never occur to you that I don't wish harm to come to you, Soobin ah ? This is the council' order."

I was growing angrier by the second, standing where I used to be sat. "Their order ?! This is downright torture !" Haru casted a spell that dropped me to my knees harshly. I couldn't believe she was willingly torturing us for the council. "고문하든 말든 이건 당신의 훈련입니다 그냥 그래요." (Torture or not, this is your training. It is just how it is.) Haru was a complex person for me to understand given the news I had learned. She was my sister. Yet I knew truly nothing about her. She did the excruciating spell a couple more times before she sat my sword in front of me.

It was routine at this point. The screams, the painful spell, & the test of sight deprived sword fighting... This was constant. I have no idea how much time has passed, but I knew this agony well now. I picked up the sword.

I landed a hit the first time. I was struck next by Haru. She managed to draw blood, just as she had before. The next time I swung my sword I heard her yelp before I was in complete agony once again. "STOP IT ! STOP !", I screamed only getting hit with the spell until the light flooded the room once more.

I looked up finding Haru with two gashes in her arm. Both gashes having blood flowing from them. She didn't look as ragged as I did, but I could see I gave her quite the fight. She let out a deep breath as she turned to leave me alone once more. "You've made great progress today, Soobin. I have no doubt you'll reach the council' goals first..."

I know the Nova Caize council thought we were the Children Of Thursday... But what if we aren't at all ? Soon enough I was left in the room with the screams echoing off the walls.