0.10: Professors Choi Hajoon & Kwon Sun-Hi

{ A/N: Hajoon & Sun-Hi are Beomgyu' parents. A proper reunion is in order. Right ?}

BEOMGYU POV

Coming face to face again was different. Most of my injuries from training were healed, but I probably looked ragged still. My father quickly rushed over to me & seemed very happy. "다쳤나요, 아들? 그들이 다쳤나요?" (Are you hurt, son ? Did they hurt you ?) These were questions anyone would ask. They were questions that made me feel a bit angry. Did they expect me to fail ? "I am fine. The training wasn't that bad..."

I lied. I had to lie. How would they react if they knew just how painful the council' training was ? My father smiled as he ruffled my hair, "What did they want from you anyway ? Your mom & I knew they wanted to see you, but we had no idea of why." They were completely curious. I guess Hyun-Shik was still good at keeping his secrets to himself...

I glossed over this question. I don't really have an answer for them. Even after all of that training... There were still no answers. Were we the Children Of Thursday ? I had no idea & I didn't really plan on finding out anyway. "두 분 다 보고 싶었어요. 여기 왜 오셨어요?" (I missed you both. Why are you here ?) We were walking the halls aimlessly. So far only my father spoke. However I was in no rush. I was just happy to be out of that room. Away from the council' training...

"I teach Levitation & speed. Your mother assists since she can no longer teach at Little Wands Academy." I turned to my mother at this news, "You've been quiet this whole time. What is it ?" I could tell my eyes were probably what was unsettling for her. I had the family gift she hoped with all her heart I didn't inherit. "Sooyeon told you have the gift..."

My mother looked a bit displeased. Beomgyu looked her in the eyes, "You hate that I have the gift, don't you ? That I am so much like Aunt Sooyeon because of it..." Sun-Hi wasn't a hateful person, but her family was a touchy subject. It was exactly why she never visited them & why she was so motivated to believe that I didn't have the gift. "네, 범규아. 나는 그것을 아주 싫어해요. 그 선물은 말썽만 일으킬 뿐이에요. 당신은 이제 이모처럼 은둔 생활을 할 건가요?" (Yes, Beomgyu ah. I hate it. That gift brings nothing but trouble. Are you going to live in seclusion like your aunt now ?) 

My mother seemed to regret what she said as soon as it came out of her mouth. My father glanced between us when all I did was let out a sigh. I had no energy in convincing her or anyone that I was proud of my gift. 

As soon as I turned to leave, I felt warm. Warmer than normal. All I remember was my glowing green eyes rolling back as I collapsed.  "BEOMGYU !", the last shriek I heard before all was silent.