0.3: The Council & Proposals

Morning soon came. The boys sat together in silence as they each woke up & prepared themselves for whatever was to come. Taehyun occasionally answered if he was spoke to, but ignored Yeonjun all together. Haru entered the room, dressed far more feminine than she was last night. Not that there was anything wrong in how she dressed either way. "Everyone well rested ?"

Beomgyu smiled. The beds were probably the softest any of them had ever slept in. "Are they waiting on us ?", Taehyun asked. The place the council lived was majestic, but it didn't feel like a home. Haru nodded. It was best that they didn't leave the council waiting. 

They entered the room lead by Haru. All of their hearts feeling as if they were beating out of the chests. Haru stood off to the side. The boys standing in a line before the Nova Caize Council. The head of the council greeted them warmly, "와주셔서 감사해요. 이것은 큰 의미가 있습니다."(Thank you for coming. This means a lot.) 

It meant what ? This is when they first heard a term of power. Something never heard of, but something their parents probably knew of. The head of the council had a warm aura around him, but also kept his distance for them. Kai spoke up first, "Why does it mean a lot ? Why did you urgently need to see us ?"

A chorus of light chuckles erupted from the council as one rose to answer Huening Kai. "Have you ever heard of the Children Of Thursday ?" The boys all shook their heads. What ? How were they supposed to know what that was ? The councilor sighed, "We believe the five of you are meant to be the Children Of Thursday."

The Children Of Thursday ? Soobin had heard this once, but he was really young. He couldn't recall what it was.  He spoke next. "Does the name Choi Hyun-Shik mean anything to you ?" The council murmured in hushed tones as they called Haru forward. Haru fidgeted a bit, but was pushed to answer Soobin' question. Even though he was aware that his father sent Haru after them to keep the safe. 

"제가 말하게 하지 마세요. 부탁해요." (Please don't make me say it. Please.) This is the first time any of the boys had seen her so uncomfortable. Seeing as Haru was faltering one of the other councilors answered. This bit of news was absolutely unexpected. "Haru here is Choi Hyun-Shik' daughter. Hyun-Shik was very adamant that we should see you once his release from the penitentiary was finalized... Isn't that amazing ?"

Daughter !? Soobin had a sister ? The boys were shocked. Then what did this have to do with the Children Of Thursday ? Soobin stared at Haru. Everyone else's eyes were on Huening Kai, Taehyun, Yeonjun, Beomgyu, & Soobin. Taehyun broke the silence with a single question, "How can we find out if we are what you think we are ?"

The council were very elated that Taehyun asked this question. "You'll live here & under go training. We'll start your training tonight." 

Everything was out in the open now. Soobin went after Haru, she quickly went for a walk. Beomgyu, Taehyun, Kai, & Yeonjun were shown around the place they'd call home for now. 

----------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile With Haru & Soobin...

Soobin grabbed her shoulder. "Choi Hyun-Shik is your father ? How is he your father ?" He was confused. To his knowledge his father loved his mother & only had sons. So hearing that Haru was his sister was a shock Soobin wasn't expecting. Haru sighed a bit embarrassed, "최현식은 친아버지입니다. 수빈 씨, 제가 또 무슨 말을 했으면 좋겠어요?" (Choi Hyun-Shik is biologically my father. What else do you want me to say, Soobin ?)

Soobin frowned a bit annoyed. None of this was making any sense. "If he is your father, how come he has never mentioned you ? It doesn't make sense." Haru felt bad, but from her standpoint this news shouldn't matter. Hyun-Shik didn't raise her either. Her step father was generally who she associated as her father figure. "He was probably embarrassed. I can't read his mind, Soobin."

The conversation was heated for a while before they went their separate ways. Training was to begin.