0.4: Kai' Training

KAI POV

I can't tell how much time has passed. Has it been a day ? Week ? Month ? I sat in the corner of the room I was in. The room was mostly dark except for the ray of sunlight coming in from the sky light. However, I think they were using magic to manipulate it.

I think they were punishing Haru, or using someone who resembled her. They came in & sat across from me. "메스꺼워요?" (Feeling nauseous ?) I snarled. Why was this happening ? They called this training ? I responded angrily, "No. I wouldn't give you the satisfaction of me feeling worse." The person smiled. It had something dark in it to an extent, but also a familiarity to it.

A scream erupted from my body as a spell was done. This spell was excruciating pain. This was a spell the boys never have encountered before. "Your screams tell me otherwise, Kai ah." Not Haru wasn't playing around. They did this spell on me a couple of times until my throat was sore.

Next, a sword was thrown to the floor in front of me. "제가 그걸 어떻게 해야 하죠? 저는 칼을 다뤄본 적이 없어요." (What am I to do with that ? I've never handled a sword.) Not Haru rolled their eyes as they dimmed the room. I barely could see. "You are pathetic. You rely on your magic too much. How can you succeed with that kind of mentality ?"

Even though I couldn't really see, I grabbed the sword. Whoever it was taunted me. I assume I needed to trust my instincts. I needed to land a hit on my opponent. I took a deep breathe before I swung. I hit nothing. One of my knees gave out from under me. The person chuckled, "Too slow..."

This went on for a while. I was a bloody mess by time light was restored to the room. What did they want from me ? What reaction were they expecting from me ? I sat back in the corner I started in as the person was leaving the room.

It went quiet. For few minutes I heard absolutely nothing. It was beginning to freak me out, but then suddenly sound flooded the room like a speaker set to the highest setting. Screams. All I heard were screams. It were the screams of Yeonjun, Beomgyu, Taehyun, & Soobin.

I let out one last scream, covering my ears desperately. "AHHHHH !"