0.2: What Lied Ahead ?

"Fighting now, are we ?" Haru asked seemingly intrigued by what was happening. All seemed to stop. Tensions were still high, but Haru' arrival did draw attention. 

 "Who are you ? How did you know we were here ?", Beomgyu asked confused.  Haru wasn't intimidated at all.  "백하루입니다. 모두 만나서 반가워요." (I am Baek Haru. Nice to meet you all.) She didn't both answering the other question. 

Haru was very blunt & to the point. She knew her way around all of the neighboring countries in Nova Caize. A mercenary of the council. Soobin questioned her next. "What is it that you want ?" Haru moved her cloak aside, Kai taking sight of her wand. "I am to lead you to the council. Is that going to be a problem ?" 

Kai quickly bowed & got the other boys to do so. Haru was a bit confused, but quickly realized that her wand was exposed. "하루누나, 우리는 당신의 도움을 감사히 받아들입니다." (We graciously accept your help, Haru noona.) Yeonjun nudged Kai with a whisper, "Why are we bowing to her ? Why are we accepting her help ?" Kai whispered back. "Her wand... She is a mercenary of the council. It would be best if we follow her lead..."

Haru sighed. They were to camp out for the night, but she knew these woods. They were close to Ichor Gardens border. "We can't stay out here. Let me lead you to the council safely." 

Reluctantly, the boys followed Haru. Soobin walked in the same pace as her. He felt like there was something she wasn't telling them. Taehyun opted to walk alone for a while. Yeonjun keeping in tow with Huening Kai & Beomgyu for the time being. Haru could sense that Soobin had questions, "Ask them. You keep glancing & I'll get uncomfortable." 

Soobin sighed, flushed a bit sheepishly. "I know you came for us because of the council, but I don't think that is the only reason. Why did you come ?" There no use in beating around the bush. Haru had a simple job; get them to the council safely. "Your father is also a reason. He wanted your travel to be as safe as possible."

Soobin was confused once more. His father ? Choi Hyun-Shik sent her for him ? "Why would he do that ? He doesn't care about me." This was very much true to how his father acted before. Soobin was a disappointment to Hyun-Shik, right ? Haru rested a hand on Soobin' shoulder as they walked, "정반대예요, 수비나. 당신 아버지는 당신을 사랑해요. 그의 행동을 대변할 수는 없지만, 당신의 아버지가 당신을 아낀다는 것은 알고 있습니다." (It is the very opposite, Soobin ah. Your father loves you. I can't speak for his behavior, but I know that your father does care for you.)

The discussion got quiet as they further pushed on with Haru' guidance. Before long they reached a beautiful building. It even rivaled the Monzara Institute in size. It was early morning when they arrived. The sky still dark, but lightened slightly as the sun hasn't entirely risen yet.

The guards not sparing a single glace as they silently opened the doors upon their arrival. "Is this where the council resides ?" Taehyun asked they all looked around in complete curiosity. Haru nodded as she pointed down a single hall, "Pick your rooms & get some rest. The council will meet you in the morning."

Huening Kai got a room to share with Beomgyu since Taehyun opted to be alone once again. Yeonjun shared Soobin. What awaited them in the morning ?