0.12: Professor Han Hye-Su & Herbalist Choi Jiwoo

{ A/N: Jiwoo & Hye-Su are Yeonjun' parents. Is this reunion going to be cold or warm ? Does Jiwoo still want nothing to do with magic now ?}

YEONJUN POV

I met up with my mother first. I was still a bit wary of my father. "You seem happy, mom. What are you teaching ?" I wanted to make light conversation. My mother smiled as we walked. A excited expression overtaking her face, "저는 글래머 주문을 가르칩니다. 나는 그것을 즐겨요." (I teach glamor spells. I enjoy it.) My mind drifted to my father. How did she feel about all of it ?

"Did you stay married all of this time ? I never asked. My mother looked a bit uncomfortable, but still answered my question. I didn't want to pressure her... However, I think I needed an explanation. She took a deep breathe before inevitably answering me. 

"Yes, I stayed married to your father all this time." She did ? I couldn't believe it. I sat with her on a bench near the doors that lead out to the courtyard. "정말? 왜 엄마예요?" (Really ? Why mom ?), I asked as I held her hands in mine. She sighed as she looked a bit conflicted. I don't think she's thought about any of this in a while. This couldn't have been an easy decision she had made. 

"I love your father, Yeonjun ah. What he had done was traumatic & horrifying, but I can't not love him. He loves you... You know that, right ? Your father loves you no matter what he says about what he had done." I looked her in the eyes. There had to be another reason. "There is another reason, right ? Love wasn't the only reason behind you making that decision." My mother nodded as she looked at her hand. She still wore her wedding ring. 

"비록 내가 당신을 혼자 키웠지만요 그는 여전히 당신의 아버지, 연준입니다. 그가 한 짓 때문에 당신이 그를 싫어하면서 자라길 바라지 않았어요. 이해하시겠습니까?" (Even though I raised you alone... He still is your father, Yeonjun. I didn't want you growing up hating him for what he did. Do you understand ?) The conversation ended as I went to see my father. Could I call him that ? Did he even want to be my father ? I met my father in the greenhouse. My nerves were all over the place. "Hey...", I said as I entered. He was handling a giant planter pot. "You're back. How was your training with the council ?"

Distant. Things weren't awkward, but he certainly was being off. "Uh, training went well." A few more minutes went by before I finally asked the questions that have been on my mind. "Do you even want to be my father ? Do you still not regret what you did ?" Even though I had forgiven my father, I had my doubts. Did I make the right decision ? He answered bluntly, "난 후회하지 않아요, 아들아 마법은 모든 악의 근원입니다. 내가 마법을 없애지 못한 날 당신은 내 아들이 되는 것을 멈췄어요." (I don't regret what I had done, son. Magic is the root of all evil. You stopped being my son the day I couldn't rid you of magic.)

I didn't know what to say. He truly didn't want to be my father, but was willingly going to be at the institute probably to keep close to my mother ? All was completely silent as I hit the floor after I began feeling feverish...