0.13: Professor Sim Jeongsan

{ A/N: If you need a refresher, Kai' parents are Minjung & Rupert. Both of which are dead. So his reunion with Jeongsan takes on a more desperate meaning.}

KAI POV

I didn't have anyone at the institute waiting for me. My uncle & cousin probably were worried, but with Soobin' father back as Headmaster... non-magical people were once more prohibited from being on or around the institute' grounds.

The closest person I had to family was Jeongsan. I took a seat next to the window. Jeongsan sat at his desk. He cared for us, basically took the five of us in when we sent everyone to the penitentiary. I knew he was conflicted. I could tell from how he looked when I entered his empty classroom. "What are you teaching, Jeongsan hyung ?" I wanted to keep the conversation light.

Jeongsan sighed as he still looked no netter than when I last had been him. He looked even more exhausted. Was it because of Soobin' dad now was Headmaster once more ? "제가 뭘 가르치죠? 저는 철자 이론을 가르칩니다. 저는 현식이 형이 잘해주려고 했던 것 같은데, 저를 벌주려고 했던 것 같아요." (What do I teach ? I teach Spell Theory. I think Hyun-Shik was trying to be nice, but also punish me.) I nodded confirming his suspicions, "Spell Theory is fairly simple. You begin the basics of spell learning at Little Wands Academy, hyung. He is most definitely punishing you."

This is when I noticed two wands sat on his desk. With my knowledge, I quickly assessed that they both were Jeongsan'. "What are the wands for ?" I didn't ask to make him feel terrible, but it was odd. Most magical people either carry a single wand, or their non-verbal spell users. So why did he have two ? Jeongsan sighed as he stared at the wands in front of him. "I've asked myself that question several times. They both belong to me, but I can't seem to wield either wand..."

I kept looking out the window. I felt it was best I didn't look at him while I questioned him. There still was the matter that Yeonjun basically staged a coup & handed the institute back over to Soobin' father. "그럼 둘 다 뭐 하는 거예요, 형? 왜 지팡이가 두 개예요?" (What are they both for then, hyung ? Why do you have two wands ?) Coldly I got a response. An answer I neither was surprised by or expecting on some level. "One was my wand before I came for my revenge... The other being one I found among Hyun-Shik' things when I took over. I assumed it was unclaimed, given that it wasn't Hyun-Shik' wand." 

I sat in front of him now. There was something else. Having two wands was odd, but that didn't prevent you from using one. "They why can't you wield your wand, hyung ? What aren't you telling me ?" I began to feel really hot, but I ignored it. I needed to know what he is hiding. Jeongsan ignored this, placing a hand on my forehead. "I should get you to the hospital wing. You're burning up, Kai..." 

He began to walk me there. My breathing sped up immensely & I felt weak. I collapsed on our way there. "KAI !", this was the last thing I could hear before complete silence...