0.7: Beomgyu' Training

BEOMGYU POV

Time wasn't something I knew of anymore. I've been in this room for a while I am sure. How long has it been exactly ? I wouldn't be able to tell you. I had a sudden calm feeling come over my body for a second. Was Taehyun alright ?

My body was already weak when the training started up again. "Worried ? You seem worried." The voice came from the other side of the room. The person sat calmly shrouded in the dim light. I sighed, "물론 걱정입니다. 이것은 어떤 종류의 훈련입니까?" (Of course, I am worried. What kind of training is this ?) I didn't get an answer before the screams started. Taehyun' being the loudest. They knew I was more so worried for how he was doing.

It was the loudest I had ever heard the screams. It was ear splittingly loud. Next thing I felt was the complete agony that came from whatever spell they were using against me. "AHHHHH !" This went one for a few minutes once more.

My body tingled as I felt as if it went numb. "Are you not even going to try, Beomgyu ah ? This is a bit sad..." I couldn't answer before I let out another scream. Soon enough the room went dark. I gripped my sword as I made my aching body stand up.

One slice. My hand had a cut already put onto it before I could adjust. I took a breath before swinging my sword in pitch black darkness. A small inhale to my left indicated I made contact with the sword. "범규아, 그때 제가 잡혔어요. 다음번에는 저를 받아줄래요?" (You got me that time, Beomgyu ah. Will you get me next time ?) I wasn't entirely sure who the person was, but I was 99% sure it was a councilor or Haru.

I swung the sword again. It was quiet for a second before I felt a slice to my side. I held my side, blood rushing out. Luckily it wasn't a deep cut. It was quiet once more. I was beginning to get worried. What if this never ends ? I tried to focus.

With one swing I heard a painful yelp. Light flooded the room as the person looked impressed. "You're improving, Beomgyu ah." Improving ? What did they want to hear ? I kept pressure on my side as the person healed me. "How will I know I passed then ?"

The left, but gave me a singular answer. "It's simple. Don't scream. Don't miss."