6-End of Chapter 2

"Why are you here looking at me like I'm your next NPC waiting to give you a quest if you ask the right questions?" She didn't wait for him to speak, choosing to answer. "I'm sinking myself into alcoholic freedom," she said with a swig. "The truth is, I'm here to get myself wasted so I'd forget about my lack of future and my eternal doom within this hell hole." She turned to him then, propped a hand under her chin.

He'd snorted at her words, turning to give her his attention. And it burned on her skin, the revealed half of face just as breath-taking as his brethren that she knew. His eyes were the softest blue and it reminded her of Valentino's, so similar that it drew her breath in. "Maybe, I'm your redemption," he'd answered softly his eyes roaming her face, a curious look in his eyes as he searched her skin, trailed over flesh and a strange warmth shimmering within depths. "I'm Air."

"Rue." She sucked on her bottom lip, leaned back with a smile, fight lost. "Want me to suck your cock?"

He exhaled sharply, eyes widening. This time, she caught him off guard.

"Hundred million credits," she'd teased, then closed her eyes. "Who'd pay anyone for that? I'd have to sell my body, even then I'd never come close to a million. There're so many things to fuck in this universe why choose me?"

"Only a soulmate would pay that amount," he answered, and interest burned in his eyes, kindled flames, molten unfurling. But she took it as his assumption that she might be easy lay. "An Alpha like you could earn such an amount easily." She blinked and looked at herself then, realising that she was still in her androgynous scentless get up with semen in her hair.

"How would you know?" she snorted. "I've been shadow banned from university, there's no way I'm getting a job. Someone hates me out there, I did them dirty, no doubt. Was rude and shit, didn't want to let them fuck me just like that. I'm saving up for someone extra special."

"Is that right, love?" he'd purred, eyes glistening.

"Trust you Eros to look interested when it comes to fucking virgins," she laughed. "Bet they don't know that an Alpha like me can be half a step away from getting my ass into prostitution. Just two nos were enough to ruin my life," she shrugged tasted weed on the rim of her glass and looked at the bartender who seemed a little sad from her story and gifted her a hit.

Air didn't respond at her words, eyes on her face.

"Don't look so sad, you wanted the answer now you have it," she chuckled, a tad drunk. "My pack Alpha's going to have first dibs on my ass. So if you want the leftovers, our business cards here." She pulled out her card and slid it across the table. The print glowed sparkling like a dream. "I'd suck your dick for cheaper, nowhere close to a million credits."

"A thousand?"

"Just twenty. My lips are only worth that much," she rose, and he caught her, tentacles wrapped around her hands. It glistened a startling gold, coiling over clothed skin. She chuckled, memory striking her of the past. "You're a nudist too."

"Try again."

"Excuse me?" she raised a brow.

"Try again," he answered, emotionless and yet his brows crinkled. His full lips grew pursed. "Go for the best in the universe and apply for the biggest fucking thing." She snorted at his words, felt the insanity in his speech. "Hakon."

"You're crazy. HAKON University? That place is for kings and princes, not wannabe prostitutes waiting to die."

"Yes, go on." He taunted, pulled his phone out to show her the deeds for the degree and the scholarship. His nails, painted as gold as his tentacles tapped on the screen, sharpening as he spoke. "Apply now."

She humoured him because of his confidence in her, her thumbs swiping over the keys. He'd barked at her when she'd been clumsy and only allowed her to leave when she had a satisfactory essay. Her submission had gone through in the wee hours of that morning. And she'd collapsed back in bed with the remains of his touch, warm on her wrist.

The next day she was accepted into Hakon University on a scholarship.

-

Read 5 chapters ahead on Patreon patreon.com/tinyeyecat