48-End of Chapter 16

And then her hands were on his chest, pushing him back and he slammed against the wall, eyes wide, breath lost. The fact that she managed to do it to him was applaudable. But the clouds were gone, mere mist in the room. And there was now light streaming in lightly from an open window, the curtains twisting in the breeze. The room was stucco and soft in palette, beige earthy tones with gold hanging from the walls.

Their room was like a honeymoon suite. And this had her crashing back to reality, a fake gag.

"Fuck you!" She snapped, mind swaying. How many kisses? How many had he taken from her? She didn't know, couldn't tell. Not when her cunt was throbbing like it needed something thick and her body strained like a climax was nearing. "Fuck you!" she repeated.

"Fuck you too," Dante answered, his voice was strangled, breathless. And like all the other Alpha's in her life—in awe. He inhaled and struggled to catch his breath. "Amazing."

"I told you he was good," Levi seemed to gloat by her side, as she panted, and swiped harder at her mouth with the back of her palm. He smirked at Dante with an almost shit-eating grin. "I told you he was glorious. That we should keep him forever and ever by our side because he's worth it."

And Rue was roaring. "Fuck that. He kissed me with tongue!" Rue snapped. "He touched my ass! That was not what we agreed on!"

"You kneed me in the balls and then you slammed me against the wall," Dante panted his reply, eyes wide, shaky. Electricity continued to fizz in his eyes, but they seemed tame."I think we're fair."

"Motherfucker!" she snapped. "You owe me!" Dante blinked, and she hated him for looking so gorgeous when he finally smiled. Dimples flashing on his cheeks, teeth all white and sparkly. She hated the electricity in his eyes and the way it stormed, flashing sparks of gold.

"What's your name?" Dante stated now, smile growing, eyes curving.

"The fuck?" Rue spluttered. Hadn't he heard it already? "Rue."

"Rue," Dante nodded, "Rue, Rue, Rue." Her name flowed on his tongue, spelt like a song, twisting from his lips like hot maple on snow. "Rue." His lips quirked. "I didn't count the number of times we kissed. So, maybe we can try again to be sure." There was something different about the way he looked at her now, calculative and bright? "I wonder...If control is even necessary with you?" He parted his lips, inquisitive. "Perhaps, an experiment is due—"

"Fuck that," Rue snarled, panic twisting in her gut. She stumbled then, rushing out of the door, almost tripping from jelly legs, tugging the door close. "I'm out of here."

"Don't you want your cash?" Levi called, his voice echoing through. "I'd like a kiss too!"

"Get away from me you horny fucks!" she snapped back through the closed door. "You said fifteen minutes tops!" She paused, eyes wide her eyes dancing up to the Alpha that stood before her eyes wide, mouth agape, dressed in all black.

Halcyon. Gorgeous, godly, beautiful Halcyon.

The handsome shifter alien stood, seething, jaw ticking. An artemis, she knew now. He wasn't merely a bunny. He could change into any animal he wanted, and that was a talent only artemis could do on the planet of beasts. And he transcended the usual alien, had appeal that went beyond all. There was carnality in his eyes, in the honed perfection of his limber body. In the slow, elegant gate only achievable by an apex predator.

His eyes which had been relatively warmer before were now stormy, a void of darkness that stretched endlessly as he regarded her before the door. And they ate at her, swallowed her whole. Rue considered the state she was in now, fingers digging tight into her sweater, fingers on swollen lips.