28- Beginning of Chapter 10

Kieran

He was soaring through the light rays, darting across the strips that lined each wall, pulsating with an engine's core. An inferno was building within him. Coiled tight it seemed to explode the moment Rue's door closed with a gentle thud, and the bubble of privacy encased the closet in a startling stretch of angry blue.

Kieran was the one to push it close, so gentle that he'd almost slipped into Rampage. His senses trained upon the decibels of sound that escaped friction. For the sleeping Alpha within, Kieran would ensure that his exit would be as quiet as can be. For he was his everything.

Kieran anger began as heat that burned and scalded across his being, breaking the technology that hissed and buckled in protest under his feet. He felt the weight of that rage singe the tiles on the floor, the panels popping apart with the ardour of his prowess. And there was only the shattering remains of fractured light that spun like a galaxy of stars when he reappeared—a righteous ruin of time and space.

The teleportation felt too easy when he stood before Seraphim in a flourish of light. The growl that left him was strangely feral towards his soulmate. His other half, his lover, his one and only poseidon. And yet the wrath was hot and spicy unlike no other. It was a strange emotion that filled him; one that billowed and rose from deep within his throat and begged him to act.

Because by the suns, Kieran couldn't get the look of him out of his mind.

Rue with his skin oozing with sickness, and so much pain. Rue with blood that dripped from his flesh, so startling in its maroon hues. It was not gold with flecks of opalescent light like his was, not blue or transparent like Seraphim's was, but red. A vibrant angry colour that screamed with danger, pain and need.

And it spilled onto the ground, warm, spicy and sweet like the sticky traces of burnt caramel that pulled at his teeth in tresses. Or hot gum, minty across his tongue, too warm from its stretch upon aching molars. And Kieran would admit quietly to himself, that he wouldn't mind taking a big gulp of it, warm, thick and oddly sweet down his throat.

Rue's hands had thousands of cuts, sliced up bits of flesh that had been flayed into scales and cubes of meat. It spread to bruises up his arms—fingerprints and marks of another. And coloured so pretty on his wrist were the purples and greens of handprints. There were tentacles that ran up flesh, in the shape of suctions and tendrils, and the spread of a jellyfish's touch that left a devastating trial.

Only this was no jellyfish, this was the mark of an eros.

They were wounds he'd seen before, injuries he would remember. There was only one eros in the world with such destructive, wind-like tentacles that flogged soft skin. A unique imprint of limbs that did not settle, and skin that would not quell. An eros with a body that harmed all but himself.

Valentino.

But the wounds didn't matter, Kieran had seen worst, done worst to his guides. He'd woken to hundreds dead in his arms, had broken the necks of thousands. His light had once driven itself so deep within guts and flesh that they'd spilled out of every pore and crushed the little Alpha into vapour. And to that he'd merely gagged, shrugged and taken a bath as if it were just another day.

Because it was for an esper like himself.

And yet, the moment Rue had set his eyes on him, he'd been lost.

Pupils that were so pale, a face that was too thin, and features that were far too soft. Lips that swelled, juicier, prettier than Altair's, pouted so naturally they almost were too feminine. Eyes that set, awfully large on a malnourished greener face, bones that stuck out gaunt—ugly. So damn fucking ugly with a scent that was drenched in rot.

Rue was ugly in a sickly sort of way.

And yet something dug its fingers tight around his heart, sent his light into disarray for the tiny little guide. He could not quite describe the feeling of endearment that bubbled warm in his chest like the spill of warmth down his throat. For Rue was...Adorable.

He was caving, felt pain so raw it'd set his sun, his light, his everything on fire. And suddenly he couldn't see that annoying Alpha that seemed set on teasing everyone. The Alpha that had stepped onto the burning lines of well-marked, perfumed territory and didn't give a flying fuck.

The Alpha that had laid a heavy foot upon the ground that had Kieran embedded into each crevice, screaming of Kieran's property. Rue had placed dirty, boot-covered feet upon what might as well have been Kieran's clean, linen sheets.

It had driven Kieran mad when Rue had so easily entered the space, had shrugged to scents that should send millions cowering because they were the emperors of the universe. The rulers of the galaxy. The Omega on his cock at the door had been his attempt to demonstrate his dominance as all helios should. A warning to the crazed being that his younger lovers had described as a lunatic that could not understand an Alpha's most sacred rule.

And so Kieran had showed it to him in the most primitive way possible.

He didn't mean for Rue to see him, had wanted only the scent of himself and the weaker counterpart of their second gender spilling all over their door. But to the potent fresh source of his Alpha pheromones, Rue had simply appeared bored. He'd smiled, shrugged and made Kieran feel like the biggest idiot in the universe.

Rue was powerful in the strangest way.

Kieran understood now the allure Rue had in his tiny little frame, in the lack of care he held towards royalty. In an alien that seemed so Omegan, was a ball of the hottest most foolish spitfire he'd ever seen in the entire galaxy.

An idiot.

Rue was a fool. An Alpha that did not care, had chewed him out and spat him under with an easy laugh that did not consider Kieran's royal status. In Rue's eyes, he was merely another Alpha. Everything amused Rue, he learnt that quickly.

The laughter started first despite Levi's fist on his cheek. And it continued in spite of Kieran's outraged release of Alpha pheromones that had flooded the room so thick and potent that all should have fallen to their knees. He'd felt his soulmates vibrating to the scent of himself spilling across the space. Hell, he was sure the entire vicinity must be on their knees, trembling in fear of their emperor.

And Rue remained, cackling and mocking, stars in his eyes.

Another Alpha would be dead to his gaze, to his aura, to his light. And yet Rue remained, looking so fucking cute that even Levi had caved. And Kieran knew that Levi agreed, Levi with his fluttering flames, his cock that remained hard for the rest of the day, and the jolt of his hades that spurred to life in the cocoon of his hephaestus nature.

Levi had lost control the moment he tasted Rue's blood. He'd talked about it after the fucking, sank onto his knees and whispered that his fires calmed with Rue's blood. That the shadows were silent, no longer danced with the winds, and begged for him to look, for him to burry himself within the darkness.

For once in his life, Levi had been control. He had been in a gentle silence that focused upon the slender frame of another Alpha. He had felt so at peace his body had drooled and wept for the calm. And God, he relished it.

Blasphemy, Levi had cursed, had promised that it was all just a unique little fling. A guide that was finally good at his craft. A guide that Levi would use fully. He'd promised that with each slam of his hips, had raced to a crescendo that could not end.

Levi had pulled free from Kieran with a cock still as hard as before, feigned an orgasm as he hid his own hardened length in the shadows. His mind remained on Rue, Kieran knew that, because Kieran too was lost in need for the little guide to be angry.

It was different for Kieran.