49-Beginning of Chapter 17

Halcyon

He realised that he wanted Rue to fuck him years before his transformation, with his knees sinking in grime—stained yellow from waste. His lips soaked, ears dripping with piss, cheek pressed to the crusting porcelain. Halcyon was deranged, and just minutes before had tasted the fists of his bullies, salty tears lingering at the back of his throat.

And yet, the moment Rue had waltzed into his life, his mind had shifted from the pathetic whimpers of prey to one that felt almost insane. A blush spun across his cheeks, unfurling like summer rain. It was those thoughts that haunted him, and would continue to linger in the recesses of his mind—the worst of fantasies.

On his knees in that very same bathroom, Rue's cock slapped across his cheek like a dirty whore. His lips stretched into a smirk, eyes filled with stars. The flushed oozing pink head like bitter, creamy balm on his lips. He'd open his mouth and clean him all up, lap the buttery, velvet eye of that musky, sweaty thick flesh. And he'd gulp the slimy, wet globes of it all down and thank him, because Halcyon was filthy, and Rue was oh so good.

That had been the beginning of his transformation from artemis to ares.

Halcyon had been the runt of his litter, the tiniest of his brothers, and the softest. Born with floppy ears and a bunny tail, he was the weakest of prey from the very beginning of his life. Where his brothers could transform into wolves, Halcyon remained a bunny for most of his prepubescent life.

And that was what his family had deemed him to be—weak, puny and a Beta with Omega characteristics. It was an insult that they threw his way for most of his life: Omega, omega, omega. Omega Halcyon who'd be a breeding tool, plugged full of cum and left to swell thick and heavy with six to eight pups, chained to the bed and used.

Halcyon was merely a bunny in a family of wolves.

His fathers did not care for him, for it was in an artemis' nature to throw out their weakest and kill it for a greater chance of survival. While his brothers were educated at a private high school, one filled with aliens of the elite and people of their calibre. Halcyon had been thrown into a public high school.

Astro High was mid-tier and open for all; it was filled with aliens who did not know of his name or his species. His parents had declared that it would be a place for him to grow, that the grungy halls filled with variety would give him the space to transform.

Perhaps, they didn't want his head clouded with notions of royalty and money. And maybe they wanted him to be with the ordinary so that he'd grow up humble and grateful. For Valentino and Altair that had been their father's true intention—an attempt to quell their pride and ease their detest for the lower class.

But for Halcyon?

His Alpha parents wanted him out of their face, hidden from the rest of the world. Truly, it was their version of throwing him out into the streets. They didn't care that he was bullied for his weakness, scorn showing in their eyes when he greeted them—once a month for dinner with scraped knees and bruises on his hips.

Halcyon knew that they wanted him crushed, wanted him gone. And until he could transform into more than just a mere little bunny, he would be nothing. The fact that he was curled up on the bathroom floor with his bunny ears weak against his hair was proof that he would always be a weakling.

But that was before he'd met Rue.

He'd heard of him in the halls. The smartest in the cohort. A skinny legend with hair that dwarfed his gaunt face. He was short, and he was pale. He was the sort of nerd who should be bullied for his looks when most worshipped muscles and height. The sort of guy that hunkered in the shadows and shook like a twig.