24-End of Chapter 8

"God—Rue your nose is dead you should see a doctor. Hell, you might as well have gotten his cum on your hands." He let out a laugh, and a couple of students walking by shot them looks. "Insanity."

"And that's impossible?"

"No one can touch a poseidon's semen. It's number one in the rules for us when we clean their space. It's acid, it'll melt anything to dust in seconds." He shook his head, and Rue's eyes widened gaped a little at him. The fuck, was that why Seraphim had seemed awfully scandalized? Her heart pounded, soared as her mouth dropped open. "Point is, his poison, his scent is on your hands. I don't know how you're throwing punches, but your dorm-mate? He's madly in love with you."

"God no!" she giggled, clasped a hand to her lips with a snort. Then inched back with a look of disgust at her hands. "We've been brawling. Just that. Nothing else, he's probably just pissed off and he tried to kill me—"

"Well, don't piss him off!" Theo snapped. "You're a lot stronger than the average alien I'll give you that. But you don't want to touch him again if you don't want this relationship. Because you're going to start smelling marked."

"Marked," she repeated stupidly. "Like bonded? Like he's got his teeth in me and I'm an Omega waiting to be pupped?" Rue's mouth was hanging at this point, her heart hammering in her chest. "No fucking way, but there's no teeth involved on my glands—"

"They've got a process to prevent unnecessary death. His poison's deep in your skin, only packmates get that as a way to build up immunity, so that they'd be able to fuck his aquatic form eventually and receive a bite with venom."

"So I might as well be raising a huge fucking flag that I'm trying to mate with a poseidon."

"Or just guide one really good, I suppose," Theo shrugged. "You'll definitely get looks, smelling like the most dangerous kind of sex."

"I'm not fucking him!"

"But it's a really powerful poseidon, and a really awful poison. And you're not dead. How's that possible? If he wanted you dead. You'd be dead." Theo insisted again for the gazillion time. "But you're right, he probably hates you. He's just surprised that you're still alive." He glanced at her. "And you'd offend him. They're really concerned about etiquette. I don't think you should return to the dormitory; you should give him a formal apology if you really threw a punch, then reject him. He's really into you, and he's got a good reason to be if you're still standing after all that."

"Hey! I can be polite."

"Were you polite to the poseidon?"

"Only when he was polite..."

Theo gave her a look. "I can't believe you can't smell it. You should be pissing yourself when he's producing that. Is this his fight or flight response? That Alpha's..." Theo shivered, swallowed nervously. "God, I don't know I'm confuse. And I can't even look at you properly! How can you stand it?"

"Uh, I'm not like most Alphas," she snorted, ran a hand through her hair. But inside, the fear ballooned, her hands shoved deep within her pockets. "I don't really give a damn about hierarchy." She offered as an explanation.

"I can tell."

"Thanks."

"There will be staring," he warned, pushed open the door. "They're going to smell the Alpha, I don't know if they'll know it's a poseidon or the different poisons. But they'll know you're marked by something dangerous."

"And on the first fucking day of guiding practical," she sighed, "perfect."

And he was right, because the moment she slipped into the lecture hall. Theo pushing the double doors with a loud sigh, there were whispers rising from the crowd. A rush of eyes darting towards her from tiered seating, and plenty of staring from students on the aisles. They averted their eyes the moment she glanced at them, seemed strangely timid which was a power move Rue had never experienced in her life.