41

"Oh, fuck off!" she growled, panic thundering in her chest, hands wringing in the air.

He didn't know what he was talking about, but she knew. His fortune-telling voodoo was sensing her Omega, and if he looked hard enough...Her mind flashed, spinning through the possibilities. The school finding out her truth. Her expulsion. The police. A death-sentence because Alphas were sexist mother fuckers who didn't believe in Omegas attending Hakon. Fuck!

"Enough of that shit. What would you feel if I told you to have my fucking kids—Would you agree to that? What if my spawn eats their mother's lungs and claws out of her chest like little demons? Huh? Would you do it? And besides we're both Alphas! That doesn't fucking work at all! You'll just have to face it; your future is wrong!"

"It won't hurt you I swear, they'll just slip out just like any other child—"

"For fuck's sake!" she spat out, a crazed laugh in her throat. "From where? My asshole? I'm not a fucking Omega Seraphim. And you know goddamn well it's impossible. All I'd do is shit them out. I know I agreed to try just to get you off my back, but you know what?" She shook her head, almost hysterical, then spun back on her heels, stomping down the steps. "The deal is off. I'm not that sure what you'd feed me."

"There could be new technology! Our species could just be compatible. A Poseidon has never procreated outside of the top ten planets. Perhaps, you and I are—"

"You're confident because I'm a savage? Please."

"N-no, but it could be the reason why that future exists," Seraphim insisted, eyes wide. He followed her, sticky like a ghost haunting its prey. "I'll pay you millions, no, billions. I'll pay you so much money to just try. And I would do everything to make it pain-free. I'll take care of you, feed you, clothe you. You're not healthy, I know it, I can smell it. I could get rid of your malnutrition—"

"Oh yeah? I'm not going to be your fucking dog!"Her panic was spewing from her lips, but deep inside Rue was cursing the world. Because goddamn a billion-dollar cheque was not something she'd reject on another day. It was too damn bad he was such an untrustworthy egg-laying crazy son of a bitch, and the risks were too damn high.

"You won't be a pet! I'd even take the time to massage your back every night. I'll care for you the way a mate—"He paused mid-speech, chewed on his words with a furious blush. And Rue groaned. "W-We could sign a contract and I'll make it 100% safe—"

"Nope," she raised her hands, her shoes were old, and they squeaked, rubber cracking as she stopped to dig a finger in his chest. The conversation was getting out of hand, and her mind was a mess, her heart thundering in her chest like crazy. "It's your kink, not mine. I'm not obligated to agree. Besides, you're not being fucking honest. The first time you tried, you didn't mind if I died. And you were honest then. Now? You're lying about something." She turned, jogging down the steps. "I'm done. This breeding pet kink, scam conversation is over."

"Rue, please—"

"Don't follow me. We are not friends!" she glared back at him, her outburst ricocheted, and echoed over the stairs. Her palms squeaked over the metal, and it burned. "If you're not a Poseidon, I'd send you to jail. You're only sorry because I'm stronger than you are. Because I can beat you up. Will we have this conversation if I was weak as fuck? No. You'd shove your babies up my fucking ass regardless of what I said. You're only talking shit to me now, because you know I'd punch you in the face if you tried!"

"And I'm sorry. I'm sorry for that. I regret everything that I've done." He whimpered and swallowed thickly as if nervous. He followed her, hands pressed together as if genuinely honest. "Really. I'm here to apologise. I'm sorry Rue—"