Chapter 17:

*Third person p.o.v*

Draco blinked, trying to get his gaze to focus in the dark room, as he sat on the edge of his bed. He hated having to get up when he wasn't even supposed to wake up yet.

Another weak knock appeared at the door.

Draco looked up. What could Potter possibly want in the middle of the night?

Draco pondered wether or not it would be for the best if he just went back to sleep or if he got up and opened the door.

He could hear Potter's footsteps right outside the door, pacing back and forth.

..God, who was he kidding. As if he could sleep after Potter had knocked on his door in the middle of the night. He was far too curious for that.

And wanted to see Potter way too much for that.

He walked towards the door, still wondering if he should just turn around and walk back over to his bed because he really, really wasn't supposed to open it, but..

When Draco opened the door, he found Potter standing right outside, looking smaller than ever.

Potter sniffled, afterwards using his sleeve to dry his nose.

Was Potter crying?

"What's wrong?" Asked Draco automatically. He almost couldn't bear it. Potter was too precious to be crying.

Potter looked up at him, and even though they could barely see each other in the dim-lit hall, Draco caught the hurt look on his face, a tear slipping from his right eye, down his cheek.

"..Can I please just come in?" Asked Potter, his voice was as small as he looked. Draco wanted to take him in his arms and comfort him immediately.

He wanted to kiss him all over his face, stroke his hair lovingly, and just do everything he could to make Potter feel better. He clenched his fists, he had to fight every single instinct in his body to stop himself from just reaching out and then hold Potter tightly to himself.

Draco went to the side, letting Potter in, and Potter walked over liked he'd done earlier straight to Draco's bed.

Potter sat down right where Draco had been sleeping just moments before, as Draco closed the door.

"Did you have a nightmare?" Asked Draco then, unable to suppress his worried tone. His heart ached at the way Potter looked so sad and frightened.

Potter simply nodded, and Draco noticed the way his eyes looked even more innocent, and almost pure, when he looked this sad. Potter didn't stop looking at him as he walked towards him.

Oh, Potter looked just like a small kicked puppy. A puppy that Draco wanted to pick up and heal.

Draco sat down on the other side of the bed, "..Do you want to talk about it?" He said, sounding unsure. He'd never really verbally comforted anyone before, and, to be frank, Draco didn't believe he was entirely good at it either.

But for Potter, Draco was willing to try. He was willing to do anything for Potter.

Potter sniffled again, "Do you.." He started, but his voice broke off. "Do you know what happened in the department of mysteries last year?"

Draco gave him a small sad smile, "Potter.."

"You were there," Said Potter then, looking up at Draco with such sad eyes that it hurt. "You were tortured. Along with.. With—" Potter stuttered, and he took a deep breath to calm himself. "With Ron and Hermione." He looked guilty, "I couldn't do anything."