25. innocent or sinful?

Song of the chapter is
Dead or Alive by Stileto
ft. Madalen Duke

-25-
-Himanshu Arora-
-Present-

-25--Himanshu Arora--Present-

_____________

Delmore Police Station
24 November, 2030
1:16 pm

Rushing through the electric doors of the police station, we rush to Detective Ravi to tell him about the latest clue that had come to light. The place was packed with officers cladded in blue, marching from desk to desk and looking busier than usual.

"Where the hell is Ravi?" Zoya huffed, almost out of breath.

"What is going on? Why is everyone running?" Veronica asked, confused as she looked at the busy officers.

"Zoya, Himanshu, what are you doing here?" Detective Ravi suddenly approached us, a vivid concern written on his face. He turned his gaze to Zoya as he reached us. "Did something happen to you? Are you okay?"

Zoya nodded. "We're fine. Actually, there's something we need to tell you..."

"What? What is it?" He asked frantically.

"There is a clue that we think....the killer might've left behind." I answered and he looked at me. Without a word, he summoned us to follow him to a room. Once inside the interrogation room, he turned to us, his hands on his hip and asked, "Okay, you can tell me now."

"Detective, what's going on outside? Why is everyone freaking out?" Veronica asked, as I pulled a chair for her to sit.

Detective Ravi sighed, placing his hands on the table centred in the middle of the room. "There has been a new case."

"Murder?" Zoya's eyes widened.

"No, it's a missing person case." He explained, exchanging a look with her. "She co-owned and also worked at the Paper Lantern. Colleagues said that they haven't heard from her since yesterday."

"Did you check her house?" I asked.

"We did. And also every place else she could've potentially gone. But we haven't found anything yet."

I exchanged a look with Veronica.

"We might be able to help you with that." I said as I slid the note towards Detective Ravi. He narrowed his eyes at it for a second.

"What is it?"

Zoya explained the entire thing that had happened, and how we had been able to crack the code and about the possibility of there being a person who could be helping us from the corners.

"What you're saying is a bit of a stretch, Zoya. Why would a person, who knows what the killer's doing, be willing to help you guys?" He asked.

"That's what we haven't figured out." Zoya said, raising her index finger. "But, that doesn't mean we can't check out the place mentioned. Maybe we could find something there, perhaps even the missing girl."