69. hide and seek

Song of the chapter is
Jungle by Emma Louise

-69-
-Saina Arora-
-Present-

-69--Saina Arora--Present-

_____________

St. Maud Theatre
22 December, 2030
4:13 am

"Hello, darling." He said in that haunting mechanical voice as he held up the voice modulator up to his lips. "Surprised?"

As Officer Ravi stood proudly in front of us, in that dimly lit room with nothing but the sound of silence, my heart sank to the floor and my eyes immediately darted to Zoya.

Her face dimly illuminated by the golden hue of the light hanging over us looked crushed. I could only imagine what she was going through in that moment.

If I had experienced one thing in life, it was betrayal from someone I loved.

"Ravi...?" Kartik asked. "It can't be-"

"Oh I wish you could see your faces right now!" He laughed maniacally. "Gosh, I waited so long for this!"

"Why?" Siya questioned. "How...could you do this to us?"

"God! How do you ask the most ridiculous questions every damn time?" Ravi chided. "Go ahead and ask me how I did it! Ask me how I cut up all those fucking bastards and put on the best show of their lives?"

"Go on, Saina." He looked at me. "Ask me how I killed your husband."

I stilled in place, my heart hammering against my chest as he took a step towards us.

"Oh I forgot," he continued, a sinister look crossing his features. "You already saw the beheading."

"Fuck you!"

He laughed even harder. "Atleast use different insults than your friends. Or do you not even have that much individuality left in you?"

"I'm going to kill you, you asshole!" Zoya screamed as she lunged at him. He swung his knife at her and pulled her by her wrists towards him. As she struggled to get away from his grip, tears valiantly streaming down her cheeks, he whispered in her ear, loud enough for us to hear as well, "It's okay, baby. We all go a little crazy sometimes."

"Fuck off! You're a fucking monster! You hear me! You are a monster! A killer!" Zoya screamed in his ears as she fought against his grip.

"Funny you say that." He smiled sarcastically. "Considering you were practically begging me to fuck you two days ago-"

Before he could complete, Zoya sunk her teeth onto his wrists and he yelped back in pain. Taking advantage of that moment, she rushed back towards us and exclaimed, "Saina, where are the weapons?"

"I don't know. He grabbed my bag before tying me up." I uttered.

"Shit!" Zoya cursed, clutching her hair. Her face had grown red with anger as she rushed over to pick up the gun that Dhrashti had used on Zayn, that had been right in front of us the whole time.