51. souvenir

Song of the chapter is
Shark by Oh Wonder

-51-
-Siya Malhotra-
-Present-

-51--Siya Malhotra--Present-

__________

St. Maud Street, Delmore
7 December, 2030
2:06 pm

Within a half hour, we arrived at the location which Zayn had texted Veronica, thanks to my husband's rash driving.

But then given the circumstances, I couldn't really hold him accountable. If there was one thing we didn't have in our hands, it was time.

Glancing at my lockscreen, I crossed my arms in front of my chest. "Why is he not here yet?"

"It's been six minutes, Siya." Kartik reassured. "I'm sure he'll show up. Have a little patience."

Despite my husband's attempt at reassuring me, my mind was a mess. We didn't know anything about this guy, except for the fact that he was an old friend of Veronica's. I was too busy having a panic attack the last time he had visited Veronica at the Paper Lantern, so I didn't have any clue as to what this guy was actually like and whether it was a right decision to trust him.

"Says the one who almost drove into every fucking traffic light on the way trying to get here in time." Zoya lamented and my husband gave her a poker face.

"I just-"

"Are you sure we can trust him, Veronica?" Saina asked, looking dubiously at her. Veronica licked her lips before answering, "I don't know, Saina. But I'm curious about whatever he has to show us."

"What if it's a trap? What if he is the killer?" I spelled out my panic. "I mean....we don't really know him. He could be-"

"Well then we're super unprepared." Zoya sighed, running her fingers through her hair. "V, where's your lover boy?"

"He texted me a few minutes ago saying he's on the way....so he should be here any minute." Veronica responded. "And Zoya, please never call him that."

Zoya chuckled softly.

A second later, Himanshu's car pulled up right beside ours. He hurried through his steps and came and stood next to Veronica.

"What'd I miss?"

"Nothing interesting." Zoya said, a smirk slowly appearing on her lips. "You tell us. Who'd you miss?"

Himanshu's brows furrowed. "Wha-"

"Zayn just texted again." Veronica announced before the entire situation got out of control and became the promising cause for her embarassment. "He sent me a location."

We all hovered over her neck to look at her phone as she tapped on the link that he had sent her a few seconds ago. As she did, her phone lit up with the directions to a location nearby.