𝐂𝐇; 𝟐𝟔

excuse any mistakes.

𝐎𝐌𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐓.
𝙰𝙿𝚁𝙸𝙻 𝟸𝟼, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟿-𝙲𝙾𝙽𝚃.

Lundyn stared at her grandmother who was dressed in a beautiful white dress. She had a bright, yellow halo hovering above her head full of grey hair.

Dorthy passed away shortly before Lundyn left for FAMU. It was devastating but she still left for her grandmother's wishes.

"Granny? Where am I?" Lundyn asked as her grandmother walked towards her. The only thing that was visible around Lundyn was the bright light.

"Dreaming." Her grandmother soft voice replied. "You're dreaming my love. I was in your hospital room and pulled your plug. You need to wake up, but before you do I have to talk to you."

Dorthy clapped her hands three times and they appeared at her old house. It was a small blue farmhouse with a white porch. A golden brown swing was on the porch as well.

The two women walked up the steps and they sat on the swing. "I'm very disappointed in you Sarai, you know the first thing you did wrong?" Dorthy asked and Lundyn shook her head no.

"You came back to Chicago. I specifically told you, leave and don't come back." Dorthy said. Lundyn eyes fell to her hands, fiddling with her fingers.

"Look at me Lundyn." Dorthy ordered and Lundyn looked up at her. "You can't take back the past but it shapes the future."

"Coming back to Chicago was the worst thing that you could've ever done. I love you Sarai but that wasn't it." She explained. "All your big dreams went to waste and everything could've been prevented."

"Okay, so what do I do now?" Lundyn asked, dropping her hands onto her lap. She was tired and Dorthy knew it.

"Serve your time baby. Leave Dayvon alone and once you get out, do better for your beautiful little baby." Dorthy said. Lundyn had tears brimming in her eyes.

How did everything go so wrong?

"Grandma, what if I love him?" Lundyn voice cracked. Dorthy sighed and brought her into a hug, allowing Lundyn to lay her head on her shoulder.

"Love him from a distance. That's not love baby, just toxic. You can't love nobody who treats you horrible, you'll get tired eventually." Dorthy explained.

"Let me tell you," Dorthy said and Lundyn raised her head. "If he loved you, he would've put you over anybody. You should've let go once Mena came into the picture."

"I want you to do right by your baby. She needs her mother and you need your daughter. Our time is almost up Sarai."

"One more thing granny, will I be able to talk to you again?" Lundyn asked as she wiped her eyes. Dorthy gave a weak smile and opened her palm.

A monarch butterfly flew out of her hand and Dorthy smiled. "Of course, I love you!" Dorthy exclaimed. Suddenly, everything disappeared. Lundyn was back into complete darkness.

She sighed and forcefully opened her eyes, groaning at the light that shined in her face. Lundyn looked around before sitting up, seeing she was still in the hospital.

Von looked at her, watching her burst into tears. Everything to Lundyn was so tiring, she was ready to give up but she couldn't. Von stood up, walking over to her and hugging her.

"Von, it was her. I saw her." Lundyn sobbed. Von rubbed her back, allowing her to cry on his chest.

Losing a grandparent was hard and being able to have a conversation with them was even harder. Seeing her grandmother made her happy, but losing her again was hard.

Lundyn wiped her eyes and looked at the nurse that walked in. "Good morning! How are you feeling?" The nurse asked.

"How the fuck you think she feel?!" Von shouted, startling the nurse. The nurse grimaced and nodded.

"Well, Ms. Jackson, you'll be going back to the jail in about two days. They'll be placing you in protective custody for a while." The nurse said and Lundyn nodded.

"Are you hungr-I can ask ha' the fuck." Von mugged and the nurse rolled her eyes.

"You hungry ma?" Von faintly smiled and Lundyn shook her head no. She laid back down on the bed and stared at the ceiling, not wanting to do anything.

-

Five hours later after doing absolutely nothing but staring at the wall and being asked a lot of questions, Lundyn finally sighed.

She was ready to go. She wanted to go away from everything and everyone. The talk she had with Dorthy was something she definitely needed, badly.

"Von, we need to talk." She said and he sat up from the couch, walking over to her. Lundyn pulled the blanket back and allowed him to get in the hospital bed next to her.

"We can't be together, like at all." Lundyn said and Von sucked his teeth, about to get up but Lundyn pulled him back weakly. "Listen to me, we always arguing cause we don't listen. Just listen to me this one time!"

Von huffed and laid back into the bed. "This whole relationship or whatever the fuck it is, is toxic and draining. I can't do this shit Von, at all."

"I wanna be cordial, that's all. Without me around, you can fuck however many hoes you want and not have to come back to yo' girl."

"I love you but this shit not it no more, it's slight embarrassing bro." She explained and Von nodded.

"I feel you, don't think you finna get a nigga though." Von joked and Lundyn sucked her teeth.

"Whatever."

feel like ian update since 1968

next chapter the last, any predictions?