Chapter 3

“Who in Egypt do you think you are?!” Kahmunrah demanded looking at the shiny man who cared more about his blond locks than the danger of the khopesh aimed directly at his throat. Larry and the others watched with mixed expressions, the night guard felt like rolling his eyes. “Who? Who do I think I am?” Lancelot exclaimed looking at the other mummy. “Yes you?!” Kahmunrah wore a bored expression, he looked quite funny with his hand on one hip and the khopesh against the knight's throat. “Do not interrupt me!” Lancelot whined only to receive an eye roll from the egyptian. “Sir Lancelot at your service” Lancelot announced mockingly bowing at the egyptian who sighed exasperatedly. 

The knight turned to glare at the egyptian and questioned, “You now know who I am. The question is who are you?”. Kahmunrah rolled his eyes again looking at the man in front of him who reminded him of a clown. The Egyptian ex-prince looked to the left to see their audience was on edge, “I am Kahmunrah, Ahkmenrah’s older brother”. Lancelot wore a mocking expression, “I don’t see it, Ahkmenrah is too good-looking to be your brother” the knight jokes earning himself a round of groans from the others. Kahmunrah just raised an eyebrow, inside he was worried since his brother had not emerged but on the outside he was annoyed he had to put up with this shiny man. 

“Well I think you are an imposter and you will not be going anywhere near my king, demon!” Lancelot exclaimed. 

Kahmunrah looked at him with a ‘really?’ expression, the egyptian ignored the shiny man claiming to be some knight from a children’s story. He intended to walk over to his brother’s sarcophagus when he found himself blocked by none other than Attila, Teddy and Larry. 

“HA! You are outnumbered Demon!” Lancelot shouted, enjoying every moment of this. Kahmunrah inwardly groaned, he had tried the polite approach, maybe now he would try another approach. 

“I ask this only once, move out of the way of my way” Kahmunrah asked with an irritated facial expression. “Not going to happen, demon! Me and my army will take you down before you even think of hurting my king!” Lancelot stood at the front with determination, although Kahmunrah caught the weird looks Lancelot’s so-called ‘army’ were giving him. He would defend himself if it meant getting to his little brother. 

Soon enough a sword and khopesh made a startling clash, the group watched on with fear of the outcome. Jed was shocked that the fight almost looked like a ‘dance’ especially the way Kahmunrah moved around the small area. The ex-prince seemed to know what he was doing and it was shown in his style of fighting, Octavius could tell that the egyptian was using all his experience in previous battles to fight Lancelot or more likely defend until the knight wore himself out. Well, that’s what the roman would do, a small amount of pressure on his hand made the roman look down to see Jed had connected their hands out of instinct, Octavius smiled back before turning back to the interesting battle that had piqued his interests. 

Larry and Teddy shared a look, the two looked back to see Nick and Sacagewa still trying to wake the slumbering king up. Nick was oddly worried when his long-time friend remained asleep despite the noises of the battle in front of them. Sacagewa reached over to the young man and shook her head which meant there wasn’t anything they could do. Ahkmenrah would wake up in his own time, Nicky frowned. He took a final glance at the sleeping king only to inwardly gasp when he saw movement in the king's right hand and behind his eyelids. Nicky smiled to himself, he gently repositioned himself so he could help the king up when he awakened. Which was sooner than expected as chocolate eyes opened connecting with Nicky’s own. The clash of noises almost caused an outward groan from Ahkmenrah but instead the king had other plans, he gestured for Nicky to be silent and help. Nick nodded, he tapped Sac’s shoulder gaining the shoshone woman’s attention, he gestured her to be silent. Thankfully she complied as the three shared a wild almost evil look. The two helped the bare-chested king into a sitting position, Ahkmenrah gripping their hands tight as they made little to no noise at all.