Chapter 17

Thousands of years ago, a land of heroes made of peace was written, those who lived in it had gifts unknown to mankind, it was said to be a fantasy world but that was not true. The truth was that twelve individuals lived to be the legends that they were and it had come to a time where they would pass on their gifts to their children. However, one hero known to few as a god did not have any children due to the inability to have them so they were essentially an outcast but that never stopped them from living the life they wanted. Even to the point they travelled through the stars, planets, and what was known as the universe, of all space and time. 

However, it came to a point where travel was not possible as thousands of years passed and planets began to pop up through one of the twelve’s powers and one planet in particular needed the god’s powers to keep the planet living so in the god’s final moments, they transformed into a rock so powerful that it would shine a light in the darkness into the night sky of the planet known to many over the years called ‘Earth’. It was a small planet in which its inhabitants had mutated over the years into what was now known as humans. 

Compared to the rest of the heroes, the god was constantly keeping an eye on what it was looking after even to the point of watching the humans pass onto the afterlife, some joined the gods while others went elsewhere. 

“Altalune, it’s time. You must pass your powers onto another being before your time is up” 

Those words were ones that the twelve heroes disliked, Atalune could only nod at the glowing golden light that vanished as they looked through the possible individuals to take the powers. Atalune knew one thing, they wanted one who was pure at heart and could take the powers for a long time. A smile appeared on their face as they came across a family who was in mourning after losing their princess, deciding on his last decision, he decided to surprise the family by turning a gift into a miracle child. With one last word Atalune sent his gift to an unborn child who would be the one to decide the future of his light. 

For years he watched the child grow up from the small baby who was said not to survive to the young child who stopped to show kindness to those who were even mean to him. It was clear the boy was the best choice he could have chosen and on top of that the boy spoke to the moon when he was sad calling it Khonsu leading to Atalune to have a nickname. It made the god feel special. Normally the gods wouldn’t stick around but Atalune just couldn’t leave the child, instead the boy felt like his own so he made sure to watch over him all the way until his death. 

Sadly where the boy lived it wasn’t the best for children living past the age of sixteen but for his own brother to murder him, it broke Atalune’s heart seeing the broken look on the elder brother's face who sobbed holding his baby brother close. A dark set of laughter brought Atalune to the attention of two heroes turned villains of the twelve, the twin destroyers. Deciding on playing around with fate and causing some trouble, Atalune powered the two brothers with the tablet which belonged to the younger brother as in a sense he adopted the brothers as his own and wrote their future out making sure no one else could touch it. Atalune sealed it with his own blood before falling into a sleep knowing the brothers would awaken in the future and only then would Atalune appear again. But for now he would sleep to stay away from the other eleven gods who didn’t deserve the moonlight powers, a light in the darkness.

When he next woke up, it was to learn of the brothers fate. The youngest brother had been reunited with the tablet but had been trapped in his own tomb for thousands of years, coming alive in the sarcophagus only to learn to never be let out. He was only let out to be studied in a place he knew as Cambride, the poor younger brother was tortured when he wasn’t able to answer any questions by what Atalune knew as electricity. It made him want to explode seeing what his son was going through, yes his adopted son was going through torture until he wasn’t needed and was shipped off to another museum where humans stared at the sarcophagus and shared silly stories unaware of the actual truth.