Chapter 15

The whole room erupted into chaos as the youngest Egyptian brother's thoughts spiralled, his heart racing as his ears became too muffled. Kahmunrah ended up picking his baby brother almost son into his arms and taking him from the room, he knew one thing Ahk was claustrophobic. So, for everyone to lunge forward with good intentions only scared Ahk some more which soon led into a spiral of a panic attack. 

For a good ten minutes, Kah held his baby brother tightly to his chest whispering words of reassurance and comfort, to help slow his heart down. Ahk clung tightly to his big brother's t-shirt, a hand appeared in his curls as his birth mother appeared beside him. 

“Ahkmen, listen to my voice” Shepseheret spoke calmly as she began to sing a lullaby from when they were young. Kahmunrah smiled as he listened, pressing a kiss into Ahk’s hair, he closed his eyes remembering the sands of Egypt through his mother’s voice.

Meanwhile…

“So, why come back?” Larry asked Tahmunrah who only raised an eyebrow looking around the room to see many of them on the defence. 

“Like I told the roman, I didn’t have a choice. I woke up in a coffin, this kind woman helped me out and got in contact with your director and here we are” Tahmunrah said with a grin, he connected eyes with Octavius who was held tightly by the hips by his partner. Jedidiah wasn’t too happy with it, he would gladly punch the man in front of them for what he did to them all especially his partner but Dr McPhee had asked for no violence. Especially after what had happened with Octavius outside. 

“Merenkahre, what do you want to do about him?” Larry turned to face the older king who sighed, he knew he needed to speak to his son preferably in private. 

“We must act now, I would like to have a private word with him to discuss his future as I can’t guarantee his life if he is the cause of Ahkmenrah’s health drop” Merenkahre explained, he gestured towards the spare room where Attila was leaning against the door, the hun looked furious. 

“Are you sure? Would you like one of us to step in with you?” Teddy questioned, beside him was Sacagewa who held Dexter in her lap, the young boy cuddling close while Dr McPhee observed the room. 

“No, it will be alright. I can handle him, I did raise three troublemakers” Merenkahre said with a stern look as Tahmunrah followed his father into the room but not before blowing a kiss at Octavius who only glared. 

Layla sighed, knowing the Egyptian family never did anything simple, she gestured to Lancelot to move as she entered the room that occupied her lover and his family who she was sure was her family too. Speaking of her lover, Kah looked up with a grin. In his arms was his brother, Ahk smiled gently at her while Nick leaned against the doorframe, Shepseheret patted her son's cheek before leaving the room intending on joining her husband in sorting out their middle child. 

“How are you feeling, Ahkmen?” 

“Hmmm, I’m alright…pain is slipping away. I’m a little dizzy” Ahk replied softly as he gestured for Nick to come over, his boyfriend wasted no time in shutting the door and hurrying over to Ahk’s side, gently Kahmunrah slipped out from behind him allowing his brother to move. Nick smirked, wrapping up Ahk who allowed Nick to slip the heart monitor under his top and attach it to the medical bracelet. 

“Mark my words, no activities until his heart settles, I mean it…” Kah warned the two of them. 

“Trust me, Kahmun, that is not my intention, not with Ahk’s heart. His health is my priority, trust me” Nick replied with determination, Kahmunrah and Layla could only nod, the latter of the two kissing Ahk’s head before she moved to leave the room with the elder brother who took a minute to realise what Nick had called him, he only mumbled something about Nick’s name.