Chapter 8

“They are going to freak! They arrived early” Nick exclaimed looking down at the two new arrivals, Larry only nodded unlocking the extra two sarcophagus which were in a connecting room to the three brothers. Dr McPhee had spoken to them earlier about how expensive these exhibits were and to keep an eye on the security. Larry had ensured they would be safe and he would make sure no break ins happened otherwise he wouldn’t know what to tell the police if they came across an alive skeleton Tyrannosaurus Rex. Even though the director knew that the museum came to life, it still baffled him that the skeleton did too, he himself certainly wouldn’t know what to say to the authorities too.

“How long until Sunrise?” Nick asked impatiently while fiddling with one of the padlocks which had been on one of the two sarcophagus. 

“Three minutes,” Larry answered, taking a seat at the desk in the main lobby while Nick sat on the counter, the two would start their rounds soon enough. But, first the brothers would be in for a surprise, the two hoped it would at least cheer the youngest up.

Those three minutes passed quickly and soon enough Rexy was roaring the night away waking many of them. Larry still had a lot on his mind and one major thing taking over his mind was speaking to the Egyptian brothers about an apology and potentially checking the tablet over. Since the museum had reawakened none of them had seen the tablet and the young king wasn’t sharing the location of it. 

Predictably Teddy was first to greet the two with Sacagewa joining him. Attila appeared with a smile and two full grown normal miniatures joined, still confused as to why they were the same height as the others. The question would need an answer but first that would require an Egyptian brother first. Which turned out that none of them felt like showing themselves at the moment. It was eerily quiet on the first floor and many exhibits seemed to be avoiding the Egyptian wing all together. 

Lancelot smirked coming to greet them all and share his wise words with Nick as he so claimed, he was shortly followed by none other than the youngest brother who was paler than normal and was wearing a scowl on his face. Ahkmenrah didn’t look very good and the others could tell, the young king was quite shocked to see Octavius and Jedidiah’s height. The pair of them greet the pharaoh in their own way.

“Hey Ahk, how are you feeling?” Larry asked, noticing the unsteady king. Ahkmenrah visibly shrugged, gesturing over to his shoulder in a sense to show his headache, there coming down the stairs was none other than Kahmunrah followed by a smiling Tahmunrah. The youngest moved into Teddy’s embrace, the president holding his pained son close, Ahk didn’t care as he snuggled close trying to block out any sounds possible.  The three brothers all looked miserable, their behaviour was a mixture of miserableness and glaring which would soon change as a jingle of jewellery was heard. All attention turned to the main stairs of the museum where none other than Merenkahre and Shepseheret. Two different noises admitted from two brothers, one was a happy grunt while the other was a groan of almost defeat. Larry felt himself moving to his own son's side. 

“Mother, Father. Can’t say I’ve missed you” Tahmunrah bluntly said with a fake smile, the two greeted their middle child with politeness knowing they were in public. Larry and the others were watching with mixed expressions especially when it came to Kahmunrah who smugly smiled at Tahmunrah which didn’t go unnoticed by their parents. 

“Kahmunrah, Tahmunrah. We have missed you both greatly” Shepseheret spoke with a genuine smile as she pulled her sons in for a gentle hug, the oldest didn’t say anything as he accepted the small ‘hug’ from his father, Merenkahre was watching their surroundings in a way to protect his family. 

“Where’s your brother?” Shepseheret asked, knowing they would only be alive due to her youngest son's tablet, a gift from the gods or as Ahkmenrah calls it, a curse from the gods. Shaking her head at her youngests words when he was given the tablet for the first time. Merenkahre turned to his oldest looking for answers, Kahmunrah sighed, moving his body out of the way to reveal his baby brother who was resting in the president’s arms.