Chapter 14

The two brothers exited Egypt with each of a lover. Nick pulled Ahk under his arm as they headed for the lobby where the surprised exhibits were. Merenkahre and Shepseheret were in shock seeing Kahmunrah smiling and the fact Layla, the last lover Kahmunrah had was clinging to his arm. 

Teddy, Sac, Jed, Octavius, Atilla, Lancelot and Larry stood with smiles beside the King and Queen. Unbeknownst to them all, the tablet had granted Ahkmenrah with one last gift and he had chosen wisely. He didn't care that he had a weak heart, not when he had basically bended magic. 

"Guys, as much as I love enjoying this reunion. Sunrise is in a few minutes and…woah since when did we get another wax figure of Teddy?" Larry interrupted himself looking at the horse and wax figure. 

Dr McPhee made a surprising appearance and was in absolute shock seeing some of the exhibits awake. 

"Dr McPhee, what are you doing here?" Larry said in surprise.

"It's 08:00am. I'm coming into work. Now can one of you explain why the night 'actors' aren't asleep" Dr McPhee asked only to see his adoptive son smiling. 

"Wouldn't you like to know" Ahk said with a grin as he laughed at all of their looks. 

"Are we alive? How?" Jed called out. 

"A gift from me to you all. Merry Christmas" Ahk stated, he leaned further into Nick who held him close. 

"Ahkmen, how?" 

Shepseheret looked at her yawning son knowing she wouldn't get an answer out of him. 

"It would seem the brothers promise was to make sure both sides were happy and the tablet must have offered Ahk something but instead of taking the gift. He obviously spread it around. It would seem everyone here is now alive and can live in the modern day world" Layla explained, cuddling close to Kahmunrah. It took Larry a few minutes to realise what this all meant, if they were alive that would mean, they needed a place to live, a home that he certainly couldn’t provide as he could hardly keep his own apartments rent up. Thankfully, the past month Dr McPhee was helping him with a few bills but other than that he had been on his own.

"Oh god, I don't have enough beds. What will we do?" 

"Lawrence, calm down. We can work this out like reasonable people. But first I think we need suitable outfits for the outside wintery world" 

"I can help with your living arrangements as long as you continue your 'night acting' and a few other things. Ahk is one of the only ones who I refuse to put to work" Dr McPhee exclaimed, he gestured for the group to follow him into a mini-bus that he kept in the back of the museum for god knows why.

Teaching exhibits how to strap in was fun for the director and not Larry. Ahk ended up on Nick's knee when they didn't have enough seats. Thankfully the back windows were blacked out. After a good twenty minute drive, Dr McPhee pulled up into an estate, a house he owned as well as several apartments on the property. 

"Please choose what you want. Kahmunrah and Ahkmenrah already have their own place but chose whatever" Dr McPhee said with a smile as Ahk slumped slightly into Nick, exhausted. Nick could only smile scooping up his lover, he led the way with the others following. 

Today was the start of something new, Nick knew it, they all did but Nick knew of one person that they all had to thank and that was the one who lay in his arms. His peaceful boyfriend had found a hope in the darkness, he had provided a light for them all. 

A knock on their door had Nick looking up to see Larry leaning against the doorway, “Hey son, I’m going down to the local cafe for some food, you and Ahk want anything?”. Nick nodded, whispering for the two of them. Larry smiled, leaving the room with a gentle smile on his face. Nick could only grin, tightening his arms around the smaller teenager in his arms, Ahk hardly moved during the night, he wasn’t one for moving having learned to lie in one position for years. Nick still nudged him now and then to make sure he was alive.