Chapter 12

Returning to the museum was hard at first especially since the parents of the brothers didn't seem to wake. They didn't want to be awake so Merenkahre had asked the gods for something which included to wake when the time was right. No one could blame the two knowing they would mourn in their own way. 

The Egyptian section of the museum was off limits to the public due to refurbishment. Larry had also the gates locked due to Merenkahres wishes. When Larry had announced to the museum that the brothers wouldn't reawaken. He received multiple opinions, some positive, some negative. At one time he could handle the chaos but it seemed that trouble found them all the time. Octavius, Lancelot and Attila had taken multiple positions around the museum keeping nosey annoying exhibits out of Egypt. One of the Anubis statues was allowed out and would stand in the way of the doorway keeping everyone back. 

A week had passed since the news of the brothers passing and the museum's liveliness was starting to come back with the exception of the fact that Nick was leaving. Whether it was for good was up to the young man. 

He was in for his last night shift before he would be leaving halfway through it. Nick didn't know how he felt about the museum, never mind actually working in it for good. Not after him 'dying' and losing the love of his life. Getting changed he walked towards the lobby floor where he found his father and Dr McPhee talking. Standing beside them was another man who had his back to Nick who remained beside the wall watching the way the three talked until Dr McPhee left with his goodbyes before the museum came to life. 

"Urgh, dad. Who's this?" Nick asked, walking over while checking his watch. Two minutes until sundown. 

Larry could only look up from where he was speaking to the man who nodded swiftly walking towards the office hiding his face from Nick. 

"Oh, he's filling in for your position" 

"But what about the museum? Have you told him"

"Oh, he knows," Larry said in a happy tone confusing his son who could only sit on the desk as Rexy came alive roaring the museum awake. 

Teddy jumped down from his horse greeting the two as Sacagewa made her appearance with both Jed and Octavius who were at full height again. The two holding hands as they discussed something with a particular armoured knight. Octavius had a new scar underneath his armour and it seemed he would have it every time he woke up. Larry greeted them all with a smile and was in shock when he heard a jingle of jewellery as Merenkahre and Shepseheret emerged from the Tomb with gentle smiles on their faces. 

"My King and Queen, what do we owe the pleasure" Lancelot greeted them as he always did. Shepseheret could only smile looking at the knight who seemed to get the picture, moving out the way allowing the two to pass.

"The gods bestowed news on us. Is it true, Larry?" Shepseheret questioned, Larry could only nod. 

"Lawrence, what is going on?" Teddy turned to the night guard who froze forgetting the sole reason why he had asked them to meet in the lobby the night before. 

"I would like to introduce you all to the new night guard who will be taking Nick's position for the time being," Larry said with a smile on his face. 

"Gigantor, have you gone mad?" Jed asked moving in front of Octavius who remained leaning against the nearby desk. Attila could only laugh at his long time friend who smiled knowing the hun had spotted the surprise behind them all.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Nick said, his mouth went dry as he recognised the other man and froze on the spot. 

"I would say he is crazy"