Chapter 16

Hours passed as the 'night actors' interacted with the general public and Nick smirked helping his boyfriend with certain things beside a mildly shocked Rebecca, the woman was in shock from what Larry had explained on top of what she knew, she just didn’t expect for Kahmunrah to have another brother who was acting like a petulant child being bossed around by his parents.

It wasn't even a good forty minutes after the public left when Tahmunrah said something and Octavius lost it. Without warning, the roman lunged for the Egyptian prince who could only smirk as their weapons, which were meant to be props but unknown to Larry, were real and clashed with one another. Merenkahre and Shepseheret were shocked to see the fight which would end in bloodshed if no one stepped in. Not that Kahmunrah was rushing, he knew Tahmunrah had said something that had triggered a deadly reaction out of the roman. Attila and Lancelot were running down the hallway ready to jump in when worse came to serve. Teddy was in utter shock seeing Octavius take down the Egyptian brother without hesitation, the sword was against Tahmunrah’s neck only for the prince to get the better of the roman and throw him off guard by shoving him aside. The glare on Octavius’ face had some of the others backing up as anger like no other settled in his features while Tahmunrah only smirked as the two threw punches at one another with the others trying to stop them. 

"Octo! Calm down!" Jed's voice was the only thing able to stop the fight. Octavius turned to see his partner running toward the two just as Tahmunrah went for the romans back. 

"OCTO!" 

Jed's scream had Larry moving from where he had been on the stairs as the roman hit the ground hard. He had been stabbed through the side, Tahmunrah grinned as he took off somewhere in the museum. Kah and Ahk shared a 'look' as they gasped, 'The tablet'. 

"Go!" Teddy roared at the Egyptian family who nodded, the brothers running on adrenaline chased after the troublemaker in their family.

"Octo, hang on. Keep them eyes open, love" Jed whispered, holding Octavius up in his arms while Sacagewa and Larry pulled out the first aid kit. The roman blinked as he answered certain questions, his body was shutting down and he knew why. He had spoken to the gods when he died the first time, he knew this was only temporarily. They would all turn back to wax with the exception that the Egyptian chosen family would live. 

"Jed…it's fine…I will be…okay…" Octavius coughed out flem and blood from his throat, his eyes fluttering close as he struggled to remain in the light with his insane partner who cried tears of sadness, Jed pressed further into his lover’s shoulder. 

“Octavius, don't you dare give up. Keep your eyes open!” Teddy ordered, the roman blinked awake trying to remain in the land of living but the darkness was so welcoming. 

“Attila! Lancelot! Bring towels, we need to get Octavius warm. They should be in the office!” Larry yelled while Sacagewa worked with Rebecca who was putting more pressure on the bleeding wound when something happened elsewhere in the museum. 

“AHKMENRAH!” 

Hearing the shout of the older brother of the Egyptian brothers had many of them on their feet only for a light to shoot through the hallways of the national history museum. 

“Jedidiah, I love…you…” 

Hearing those words, Jed lifted his head from his lover's chest only to gasp. His partner's eyes were closed and his chest had stopped moving, the roman was gone,  even when they tried CPR, it was clear that he would not return. As they all watched in shock as Octavius' body had solidified back to what he originally was. A small minifigure became of the roman, Jed picked the small body up gently and cradled it in his pocket knowing time wasn’t on their side.