Chapter 10

(Warnings: Torture, blood, death in this chapter - not to detailed)

Upon waking up, Larry was confused until he heard many groans. He tried to move only to find himself unable to, his eyes open to take in his surroundings only for his own flashlight to be shone straight into his eyes. 

“Good, the night guard is awake. Now, the fun can begin” Tahmunrah’s voice broke through his muffled ears, looking around Larry could only gasp. He was tied to a chair but he wasn’t the only one, he could tell he was in the storage room which had the loading bay attached. 

“Lawrence, you alright? You took a nasty hit to your head” Teddy’s voice broke him out of his thoughts Larry could only turn to his old-time friend and nod. 

Taking in the room, Larry noticed many exhibits were tied up in chairs, in a circle. Octavius was the only one on the ground against Jed’s legs but he was chained to the floor, his helmet and sword missing. 

Those in the same predicament as he was from his left were Nick, Ahkmenrah, Teddy, Sacagewa, Merenkahre, Shepseheret, Kahmunrah, Lancelot, Atila and finally Jed with Octavius on the floor. It would seem there weren't enough chairs or Tahmunrah had something planned from where he had a box sitting in the middle of the room with the tablet on it and he was wearing a smug expression. The two Anubis guards had returned to their statue-like form and were back in the Egyptian museum with the rest of the museum, stuck in their sleep. 

“Thank you for joining me, it would seem Ahkmen is still asleep but we can wait a bit for him” Tahmunrah smirked as he spoke, using some gloves he may have stolen from the storage room to lift up the hot metal. He pressed the tablet to make sure it was all aligned and placed it in the moonlight, the red connected straight with the moon streams. 

“NO!” Shepseheret shouted just as Ahkmenrah let out a scream of pain as his veins glowed gold. Eyes all around widened as the young king struggled to maintain his breathing, Teddy found himself whispering words of comfort while the Egyptian family opposite the young king had full viewing to their youngests pain. 

“Stop it! Tahmunrah! That’s enough!” Merenkahre roared, Tahmunrah could only smile pulling the tablet away from the moonlight leaving his youngest brother panting. 

“It would seem you're still their favourite, how does that make you feel?” Tahmunrah bitterly said lifting his brother's chin only to meet the confused gazed chocolate eyes of his baby brother, “Do not worry, you won’t be soon” Tahmunrah teased only for him to lock eyes with another side of his brother's eyes. Tahmunrah could only grin, it would seem it was nearly time, the red in his brothers eyes showed the red death was near. He had time to mess around to cause more pain, to make the transition easy from Ahkmenrah’s body to his own. 

“Mother, Father. I must say I am disappointed in you two for not using the power Ahkmenrah holds, to think Egypt could have been so much better if you just used the rat rather than ignored it. Ahkmen is capable of some things that even I didn’t know, well until I researched them. For instance, I will show you what happens to one Ahkmen loves” Tah spoke with pure evil in his tone, he moved directly over to Nick, who tried to back away but found himself unable to. 

“Get off him!” 

“Nick!” 

“Shut up! All of you! I’m not going to hurt him, just experiment!” Tah mocked Lancelot's voice, the knight wasn’t impressed as Tahmunrah used the knight's sword and sliced Nick’s cheek. Blood flowed from the wound, Tah turned to grin at Merenkahre who struggled to get free, he had to stop this. Kahmunrah found himself in the same predicament as he used a hairpin he had acquired from his mother and picked the lock holding his chains together.