Chapter 19 - Final Chapter

Two hours had passed since Jed had found his passed out partner but he wasn’t alone, instead a certain egyptian prince had appeared and was unconscious in the arms of his roman partner. The cowboy didn't tell anyone. The two slept through the night until the earlier hours of the morning where new york traffic woke them all up. 

Teddy and Larry were half way into making breakfast for the miserable Egyptian family, Kahmunrah looked the worst, the older man didn't look like he wanted to be awake, never mind alive. Layla tried to make him smile by shaping his breakfast into a face but the man could barely lift his head. 

Nick stumbled into the room looking exhausted, he was followed by a smiling Jed who thanked Larry a little too happy that it caught the attention of them all. 

"Okay, what are you up to?" Larry questioned, thanking Lancelot for his help. 

"I have no idea, what you mean gigantor?" Jed said stepping aside which had them all paleing at who was being held up by a certain roman who wore a pained expression on his face. 

"Guardian" 

"Ahk!" Larry immediately wrapped up the young man who clung tightly to the night guard's chest while Kahmunrah made sure to climb to his feet. 

There in front of him was his baby brother, almost son, Ahk smiled, allowing his brother to pull him close. It would seem a miracle had hit them, the two held each other like the world was going to end, silence passed through the room until a hand split them apart. The younger of the two turned only to be welcomed into an emotional young man who pulled his lover close, Ahk grinned allowing Nick to hold him tightly with a promise kiss of them holding each other later on.

It took a good hour for all the reunions to take place and soon enough Ahk found himself wrapped up in Nick's arms while the others tried to get the story out of him. Octavius had gone back to bed as he didn't feel or look well, Jed followed him to keep an eye on him. 

"Ahkmen, explain now" Shepseheret ordered, she was sick of her youngest son avoiding the subject. Ahk looked up at his mother only to frown as he tucked his head into Nick's neck and spoke softly.

"There's a cost if you all find out" 

"What cost?" Larry asked as he took a seat beside Teddy and now Dr McPhee who had entered with a smile on his face. 

"If I tell any of you what happened. All of you will lose your memories of the museum and your past lives. It was a cost I willingly took. There's a chance some of you won't remember each other such as Dexter could be back with his biological mother in this world and Octavius would return to Rome. For the sake of them two, I am not spilling" Ahk exclaimed, he saw all their looks. 

"But what I can say is the museum will continue to come to life as will we all be able to live an ordinary human life until we eventually pass on. However Octavius and I will continue to have health conditions due to the way we came back and the terms we agreed on. I won't be spilling my guts knowing I could lose Nick if I do which is why this secret will stay with me and Octavius. The only thing you guys will know is that the museum will continue to come alive until both I and Octavius pass. It was the deal we made so all I'm saying for the sake of what we have created now, I'm not explaining. We are all safe and loved which is all that matters plus with one last gift I hope Kah doesn't kill me but I've always wanted to be an uncle" Ahk explained, he winked straight at Layla who was confused until Dr McPhee was handing out letters and one was for her. She had a health check a week ago which had her confused. 

Upon opening it she gasped out loud, something she has always wanted, she passed it to Kah who took it and froze at the small paper of a sonogram. 

"Happy birthday dad, I'm going to bed" Ahk grinned patting Kah's arm before he disappeared into the adjoining rooms. Nick grinned following after him. All in the room could only congratulate the happy in shock couple while a smirking young prince found himself being wrapped up in his arms as he fell into the land of dreams. Nick grinned down kissing Ahk's head, the older man never said a word as he held Ahk closer to his chest.