Chapter 6

Ahkmenrah wasn’t a happy man at all, he watched with fearful eyes as Tahmunrah got to know the fine warriors of the museum. An equally upset Kahmunrah sat beside him chewing on a pencil as he tried to work out his brother.

“Do you think he was hit on the head a little too hard?” Kahmunrah murmured to his baby brother. Ahkmenrah shrugged his shoulders as he looked off in another direction, turning hsi head since Ahkmenrah wasn’t listening to him. He smiled seeing his brother's direction. Kahmunrah took a minute to realise their family drama wasn’t the only problem in the museum. Nick Daley seemed to be avoiding eye contact with the young king. 

“Thank you, Larry. It seems all you say is the truth. I must ask, why haven’t you introduced me to these fine people in front of us?'' Tahmunrah said through politeness. Kahmunrah ended up snapping his pencil in his fist. Larry grimaced as he faked a smile introducing the ones who were a family to him. Tahmunrah was only polite as he kissed Sacagewa’s hand and spread comments around, it was making the exhibits doubt the egyptian brothers. Even Larry was thinking the man had changed through the death but what they all didn’t know was that Tahmunrah was excellent at acting and the brothers could see that. 

Ahkmenrah glared at the man in front of him who mockingly bowed in Nick’s direction who only smiled accepting his hand in greeting. 

“And I’m gathering you already know your brothers” Larry pointed out as Tahmunrah moved to hug them. Kahmunrah watched wearily as Ahkmenrah shoved Tahmunrah away from and headed off down one of the halls. With the exception he muttered a few words in Egyptian and his guard from earlier made her way back to the Egyptian wing and turned back into an anubis statue. 

Kahmunrah watched him go with sad eyes as the others didn’t know what to think. “So, my dear brother. What is fun to do around here?” Tahmunrah asked, looking at his older brother, who shook his head at him. “Nothing that involves your death” Kahmunrah said in a dark tone, “Now my dear brother, why would I want to be called to death when I am already dead. If I need to do that I will just repeat the past, now won't I? How is he? I heard he was sick, I do hope its not the red death again. Oh how mother and father fluttered around him like even the common cold would kill him” Tahmunrah exclaimed looking back at Kahmunrah who wore a furious expression. 

Attila and Larry had to move in between the two, “Please will you two refrain from violence, this museum is worth a fortune. Do not break anything otherwise I will have Ahkmenrah curse you to do something you will not like!” Larry threatened, he received a nod with rolled eyes from Kahmunrah while Tahmunrah basically kissed his feet, “On my word, it will not happen. We have nothing to be angry at each other”. The silent ‘yet’ did not go past Kahmunrah who had to stop himself from saying something. All eyes were on Kahmunrah who walked off with an angry look. Larry shook his head at their behaviour, he felt like he was babysitting children sometimes. He walked off to do his rounds while Nick made sure to keep an eye on the new security cameras placed around the museum. 

An hour had passed, which would have been fun if Kahmunrah hadn’t informed them that he couldn’t find his baby brother and now most were looking for the young king. The group unaware he was an expert hider and when the young king didn’t want to be found. He made sure he wouldn't be. However, Teddy had an idea where he was and asked Larry to trust him. So with Larry’s help, Teddy put some civilian clothes on and walked towards his destination. This wasn’t the first time Teddy had been out in the real world, he walked through central park until he found what he was looking for. There on the steps of a bridge was the missing king but dressed in civilian clothes. Since, it was the middle of winter. The young king was wrapped up warm in Nick’s coat that he may have borrowed for the time being.