25

Chapter 7.2 Showing Off The Golden Finger (Part 2)

  Sang Yuanyuan: “……”

  Afterwards, the palace servant had already dragged Meng Wuyou out without others even realizing it. The corpse on the ground was also quickly cleaned up by You Wuming’s people—— The Han’s side does not dare to touch You Wuming’s people, even though it was a dead person.

  The atmosphere in the big hall went back into a strifling and depressing one.

  Han Shaoling took a deep breath, his deep and low voice echoed in the hall: “King You, Sang Shi is my main wife. Please pay attention to your words.”

  You Wuming laughed until his body trembled.

  After a long while, he leaned forward with his hands on the table, half-jokingly and half-seriously said, “The commoners are not guilty, but hiding jade is crime[1]. King Han, life, I have only one. “

  Halfway through the talk, inside his eyes, there seems to be burning with two green fires and his tone was deeply quiet. It’s sincere, but also a hidden bare threat.

  Han Shaoling is stifled, but he knows that he can’t turn against You Wuming at this moment.

  After a moment of silence, there’s a smile blossoming on Han Shaoling’s face : “That’s right. Life is very precious. King You has traveled as if thousands of miles, to help our Han state eliminate the evil scourge. So, really must take good care of the precious body. If unfortunately, the body breaks in the Western Border, this King really could not explain it to the Emperor.”

  You Wuming looks even happier : “Just a mere underworld demons, what does that thing even count as?”

  He picked up the bottle on the table, pouring and drinking by himself, pleasurably filling himself.

  He didn’t seem to remember at all that he still had a younger sister, You Yingyue.

  Han Shaoling gradually realized that something was wrong.

  No matter how much You Yingyue feared You Wuming, she certainly won’t miss this kind of occasion. After all, he still needs You Yingyue to personally act in the ‘reuniting after a long separation’ play, holding him together with You Wuming, standing side by side for a while, so as to send a clear political signal to the outside world.

  However, it’s been so long since the banquet started, why haven’t You Yingyue come yet?! Could something happen……

  An unimaginable thought circled in his heart. Han Shaoling’s pupils shrunk and turned his head abruptly to look towards Sang Yuanyuan.

  Would she secretly take revenge on You Yingyue?!

  Shocked, Han Shaoling’s scalp felt numb and forgot to conceal his expression.

  Sang Yuanyuan took in his expression as a panoramic view. The corner of her lips slightly curled up and smiled calmly towards him.

  For a while, Han Shaoling couldn’t tell the meaning of this smile——is it having a clear conscience? Is it a feeling of reassurance and emboldened? Or is it not aware of the meaning of scrutiny in his eyes?

  He took a deep breath, only to feel that the mess that has been stuck in his chest recently, seemed to become more chaotic. Lately, he often feels restless. At this moment, his anxiety arises and his ears seem to catch Meng Wuyou’s clamoring sound nearby……

  Yes. His mind suddenly froze.

  Since he had pampered that Meng Wuyou, he would often feel tightness in his chest and shortness of breath. He even occasionally would have ringing in his ears and hearing hallucination. For a powerful person with Bright Spirit Base cultivation, this is a very abnormal thing. It’s just that there are so many things these days that he was too busy to take care of this small ailment.

  Before he could think clearly, the clamoring sound nearby was getting louder and louder.

  The hand that was hidden inside the wide sleeves shook gently and only felt the mess in his chest being pulled out, turning into a stream of wicked fire and rushed down without hesitation.

  It is as if he was poisoned with a strange drug!

  There was a roar inside Han Shaoling’s mind.

  You Wuming who sat opposite him, seems to have sensed his inner voice. One only saw the distinguished and admirable young man in white robe raised his cup, smiling happily and said : “King Han, I have no restrictions of any kind and you know this. The subordinate that had just died, actually was a descendant from the Passion Clan. If the counterfeit is his younger sister……Tsk, hope she hasn’t ruined any unlucky bastard.”

  His eyes were full of ‘taking delight in the misfortune of others’.

  Han Shaoling gasped.

[1] The commoners were not guilty, but were punished for hiding jade. The original meaning is that the commoners are unable to keep precious jade privately. A small, vulgar commoner has no reason to have precious jade unless he steals and robs them.