31

Chapter 9.1 Travel Lightly In Emergency (Part 1)

  In the next few days, Han Shaoling was busy preparing for the war’s expedition. At the same time, he had to ‘work a two-handed saw’ while ‘passing the buck’ with You Wuming.

  Although he was so busy that even his feet couldn’t touch the ground, every day he still took time to go to Huiyun Courtyard to accompany Sang Yuanyuan for a while, and said some nice words.

  At night, needless to say, it is naturally ‘having tasted the marrow, the longing for its savour grows’[1]. With that Meng Wuyou, spring night every night.

  It’s unimaginable for Sang Yuanyuan, if the “Sang Yuanyuan” right now is not herself but the original body who was obsessed with Han Shaoling, how was the feeling of a knife being twisted in her heart at this moment?

  Previously, when Han Shaoling and Meng Wuyou were together, more or less, he always felt guilty and uneasy——Sang Yuanyuan was seriously injured and dying, but he ‘overturned the Luan and toppled the Phoenix’[2] with a stand-in.

  Now that Sang Yuanyuan is alive, he is like a bird out of the cage, and gradually he becomes too lazy to even cover up his satisfied expression.

  When conversing with Sang Yuanyuan, it also became increasingly straightforward with each passing day.

  This day, he gently stroked the back of her hand, and his voice was gentle and warm: “Sang’er, when I return from the war, your body should also have healed, right? Making me wait so long, how will you compensate me, hm? When you are ready to serve, I will never touch more than the other party’s finger. Sang’er, my heart, is all yours. “

  ”I only love you alone!” He vowed solemnly.

  This is the love of a King.

  Sang Yuanyuan’s smile was shy and gentle: “When you go out, please take care of yourself. It’s no doubt that eliminating demons is important, but safety is the most important thing. If you keep a green hill, you will not be afraid of having no firewood. What’s more, don’t give your back to You Wuming. That person can’t be trusted. “

  Han Shaoling said delightedly, “Having a wife like this, what else does the husband request? These two days, I was indeed fed up——You Yingyue only knew to endlessly weep and wail, and didn’t want me to go to the war. Meng Wuyou, she didn’t understand anything but asked questions about everything, so noisy and made me headache every day. Sang’er, only you are the best. “

  Sang Yuanyuan lowered her head and smiled, and saw his trick thoroughly inside.

  It seems to belittle other women, but in fact, he just wants to imperceptibly influence her, to let her gradually regard their existence as a natural thing.

  In the next step, he will use their strong points to suppress her. Once she gets caught in the trap and starts to be jealous, she will start to find faults in her own self. He will completely occupy the dominant position by then and just like watching the monkey plays, making these several women to be played completely in the palm of his hand.

  You are gentle and virtuous, he resented you for not understanding romantic feelings. You are frank and generous, he resented you for not being feminine. You are lively, he resented you for not being modest. You are considerate, he resented you for being strict. As long as he has a malicious intention to find fault, where can’t he find something to be picked with?

  This kind of man, she has seen too many.

  But using it to deal with those young and inexperienced girls, is a success in every try.

  Unfortunately, the one that Han Shaoling encountered is a movie queen.

  ”I’ll recuperate well. Don’t worry about me, fight well in the war and return home as soon as possible. After you leave, I will stay in the Buddhist temple for a few days to chant sutra and pray for you. “

  ”Sang’er……” Han Shaoling was deeply moved.

  Sang Yuanyuan’s smiling face is like a flower.

  The next day, the war drum under the gate of the Royal City was heavily pounded.

  The sound of the drum is like a dull thunder, it runs across the whole Royal City, crushing all the relaxed air that scattered around in the ordinary days. The whole city was in a state of awe.

  Marched out to the battlefield.

  Sang Yuanyuan stood at the upstair’s door, waving goodbye.

  The army was stationed on the outskirts, and when Han Shaoling and You Wuming departed from the Royal City, they were only accompanied by a few hundred people by their side. They rode on the cloud beasts with hair that was like snow, wearing the black colored armor and scarlet cloak that its blow broke the silence in the air.

  The two leaders are just outstanding.

  Personally seeing this group of people leave, Sang Yuanyuan gives a long sigh of relief and softly leans into Aunt Ling’s arm.

  Aunt Ling is swelled with anger, making her look like a puffer fish.

  She found out just now, that Han Shaoling brought along Meng Wuyou and disguised her as a personal bodyguard to keep her close.

[1] Once you have eaten marrow (of pig or other animals), you know the taste. In ancient China, marrow is regarded as very delicious, then once you taste it, you would eat it again. Now it serves as a disapproving term, meaning once you know the attraction of some bad thing,’you wanna try it again, like affairs.

[2] Luan is a mythical bird like Phoenix. ‘Overturned the Luan and toppled the Phoenix’ means sexual intercourse.