91

Chapter 25.7 Breaking Off The Marriage Contract

   Han Shaoling shook his head in disbelief. 

   Sang Yuanyuan approached with a smile. She took his hand without the slightest ill will, and put them together on the small golden fire sword. 

   He was resisting, and his heavily calloused hands retracted unconsciously. 

   But that soft little hand firmly covered half the back of his hand and did not allow him to back down at all. 

   His heart beats wildly, and he glared at her, not believing it at all. 

   In his memory, Sang Yuanyuan was just like Meng Wuyou. They are both delicate and weak women, that kind which was slightly hypocritical, delicate flowers that always need someone to take care of. 

   She, how could she have such a flexible and straight back? 

   She is a princess from Sang state! How can she, in that kind of battlefield, carrying a knife, mixing in like that with a large group of soldiers, and even chopping off the underworld demon’s head after head?! 

   Didn’t she become so frightened when she saw even just a little bit of blood?! 

   There was really no way for him to associate the dignified and weak princess from the Sang clan with the tough and straight figure in his memory. 

   Just now, he even thought that she was a female General sent by the Emperor to assassinate You Wuming. 

   “I……” 

   That little hand had already led him and put the tip of the small golden fire sword against the Marriage Contract. 

   The female Emperor laughed and said, “King Han, are you soft hearted now? Not to mention you, even this Emperor also feels that this small sword weighs more than ten thousand jun[1]. At this moment, going back on one’s words can also be regarded as pulling back before it’s too late. ” 

   Han Shaoling pressed his lips tightly. 

   “Hiss——” 

   The Marriage Contract was ignited by the golden fire. 

   Han Shaoling gained the initiative, turned back his hand and held Sang Yuanyuan’s small hand tightly. The blue veins on the back of his broad hand suddenly appeared. He took her with him and crossed the Marriage Contract with a very, extreme weight, and divided it into two. 

   She couldn’t help turning her head to look at him. 

   She saw the young King’s thin lips were pressed tightly and his face was firm. 

   He lowered his eyelids and stared at the contract that was ignited by the golden fire. 

   He still held her hand, not letting go. 

   “If I go back on my own words at this moment, it will only make you look down upon me for my whole life.” He said arduously, “When Princess returns to Sang state, Han Shaoling will sincerely ask for marriage again.” 

   Sang Yuanyuan: “……” 

   She has to admit that this scene is quite romantic. The crumbs of the golden fire floated up, and the light was reflected on the other party’s handsome face. His eyes were burning, taking this matter seriously. 

   They were obviously in a divorce, but inexplicably there is an illusion sort of a lifetime promise. 

   A smile appeared on the corners of Han Shaoling’s lips and pressed the tip of the golden fire sword against the One Heart Contract elegantly and neatly. 

   “On that day, when the One Heart Contract was concluded, in my heart, what I wanted was just the peerless beautiful princess of the Sang clan.” 

   When the tip of the sword swept across, the contract that was written on silk was set ablaze. 

   “Resolving the contract today, let me understand for whom my heart is broken.” 

   He clung to her tightly. 

   The One Heart Contract not only affected him. At the moment when the contract was cut open, she also sensed a strange sour feeling gushing out from her heart. 

   Han Shaoling obviously mistook it for love once again. 

   Tears had come out from the bottom of his eyes, and her hand that was being held by him was aching. 

   “Princess Sang, please take a pity on me. If you remarry in the future, give me a fair chance to compete with others.” 

   Han Shaoling didn’t believe that Sang Yuanyuan would have a favorable impression towards You Wuming. In this eighteen states of the Cloud Realm, he, Han Shaoling, is still the first choice for a husband.

[1] jun : an ancient unit of weight (equal to 30 jin).