43

Chapter 12.2 A Hindrance’s Halo (Part 2)

  You Wuming slightly smiled but said nothing, his face was indifferent, very much like an old deep-fried stick[1], a piece of hob meat[2].

  Han Shaoling was just about to flick his sleeve and leave when a personal bodyguard came in a hurry to report——

  ”Lord, this subordinate is negligent and has let Miss Meng mixed herself into the teams that were dispatched out of the wall. Now the gate of the wall has been closed!”

  The personal bodyguard’s face was sweating anxiously, much like a half-squeezed wet statue.

  Upon hearing this, Sang Yuanyuan immediately became happy.

  If the female lead doesn’t bring disaster nor make trouble, can she still be called a female lead then?

  At this moment, Han Shaoling is already like a gunpowder barrel that will immediately explode with only one spark of fire. At first when he heard that Meng Wuyou had once again created trouble from nothing, the anger in his eyes almost overflowed. He said with a growl in his voice: “What’s going on?”

  The personal bodyguard was also very much helpless: “Miss Meng is really……too lively. She can not meet with Lord, so she gave……gave ‘help’ everywhere.”

  One will understand once they hear this. It was called helping, but in reality, it was making trouble.

  The personal bodyguard was weighed down with anxiety : “just now she accidentally broke a supply cart. The carter was afraid of being blamed, so he asked this subordinate to testify for him. As a result, just in a short talking time, Miss Meng had already disappeared without a trace.”

  Han Shaoling pinched his brow ridges.

  ”This subordinate couldn’t find her at all. Suddenly, someone came and said that this subordinate had ordered a woman to replace his work out of the wall, and asked him to come and report to this subordinate. This subordinate went to the gateway, and learned that Miss Meng had mixed inside the team that were dispatched out of the wall and gone out……” the personal bodyguard’s voice was bitter.

  He, a dignified Fifth Layer Master of Clear Spirit Base, really wants to fight the enemy on the battlefield, instead of following behind a crazy little girl everyday to clean up all kinds of mess for her.

  Han Shaoling suddenly slammed the edge of the wall. He leaned from between the rampart to look down and his breath was as heavy as that of a cow panting.

  At this moment, he still has no deep affection or whatnot for Meng Wuyou. The worry in his eyes is mostly for the sake of his own life.

  Below the gateway, the two lines of troops were already scattered by themselves.

  One team reclaimed the black iron arrows, and the other team cleaned up the corpses of the underworld demons that had piled up under the wall——The Black Iron Great Wall is impossible to climb on. The underworld demons attack the wall by stacking up their bodies alive. If the corpses at the bottom of the walls are not cleaned up in time, they will become the ladders for the next wave of attackers.

  Sang Yuanyuan looked up to afar and saw at a distance away, there’s already red tides rolling closer horizontally just like that of a wave.

  But it’s not considered urgent.

  The teams that were dispatched out of the wall are well-trained, enough for them to finish the task easily and return to the wall before the underworld demons arrive.

  As the war drums were beaten, the soldiers on the wall began to move. They put the huge black iron arrow into the crossbow, concentrated to build up their strength and aimed at the first wave.

  The team that received the arrows had already withdrawn to the gate, but the team carrying the corpses of the underworld demons stopped halfway.

  From a distance, it looks like one of them bowed down, seeming to be vomiting.

  Obviously, the brave little girl couldn’t stand the bloody stimulation anymore.

  ”Hnng——huff huff huff[3]——”

  The black arrows looked just like locusts’ plague when shot down from the wall with thirty zhang height. It crossed over the icy-cold death arc and reached the first frontline!

  The arrow fell into the red tide, and the burst of an eardrum piercing shrill wails were suddenly launched straight into the sky.

  The corpse transporting team that was met with trouble is in disorder.

  At this moment, they are a hundred zhang away from the gate. If they do not withdraw, afraid they will be dragged into the dangerous tide!

  Sang Yuanyuan was very puzzled inside——the people who went out of the wall were all cultivators, if they hugged or carried Meng Wuyou, they could’ve been able to bring her back, right? Must they let her hold back the whole team alone, waiting for the underworld demons’ arrival?

  What kind of magical hindering halo is this?

  ”Put down the chain.” Han Shaoling gnashed his teeth. “She won’t let anyone touch her.”

  You Wuming :“……”

  Sang Yuanyuan :“……”

  The big black iron chain that had been coiled under the rampart was rotated down round by round. Han Shaoling grabbed the iron chain with one hand and leaped forward like a black hawk with a red back, flying down elegantly and nimbly.

[1] Old Deep-fried stick : refers to people who are sleek, sophisticated and glib. An experienced person.

[2] Hob Meat : brazen and unreasonable person

[3] The sound of heavy breathing. The author uses ‘weng——xiu xiu xiu xiu——‘ but I find it hard to imagine >…< so I just changed it based on sound effects that were usually used on manga.