Chapter 4

He comes back a few minutes later holding a pink blanket gently in his arms. He walks over to me and places Lizzy carefully in my arms. She looks up at me and spits out her pacifier giggling, "Did you miss mommy? You're so cute Lizzy". She smiles and reaches up for me as I put my finger in her hand and she holds it happily. "You'll be a great mom Jade", Damien smiles looking down at Lizzy. I suddenly get a sharp pain in my abdomen and I growl in pain. Concern floods Damien's eyes as he quickly takes the baby out of my hands and calls for a doctor immediately as he hands Lizzy to a nurse before running back to me. I start sweating a ton while the pain gets worse, my wrists start to burn where the scars are. The doctor takes one look at me and yells at the nurses to get ice as he runs into the bathroom. I hear water turn on as the nurses run back in with bags of ice in hand. I look up at Damien as another wave of pain comes over me and I squint and scream in pain. I look up at him as tears escape my eyes, "Damien please help! Make it stop!". The doctor runs out and examines me closer before turning to Damien, "Alpha she's started the heat, she needs to cool down immediately, bring her in here". The doctor runs back into the bathroom as Damien lifts me out of bed carrying me as he follows. I notice the bathtub filled with ice water as he steps into the tub. I look up at him curiously as he stands me up in front of him and places my arms around his neck. He carefully lifts me before laying in the tub as I go with him now laying on his chest in the ice water. The doctor scans my forehead with a temperature scanner before leaving the room. "You didn't have to come in with me", I look up at him as he rubs my back lightly. He smiles slightly, "I know but I wanted to, I'm not leaving you. I can't take seeing you in pain anymore and I wanted you in my arms". I nod as I lay my head back against him and close my eyes slowly. After I fully cool off and the heat surpasses he helps me out and grabs towels from under the sink. He throws me one as I walk out of of the bathroom drying the tips of my hair. I notice a set of dry clothes folded on the bed so I pick them up and notice it's an outfit of mine from my mom's house. I look around for anyone but there is no one. I take off my clothes and start changing until Damien walks out of the bathroom with no shirt. We look each other up and down as I feel my face heat up and look away continuing to get dressed. Once I'm dressed I look away from him trying to avoid eye contact, "Well now that you have seen my body and my scars I know you don't want me anymore so if you want to reject me I understand. I've always been unwanted anyways". I turn and walk out of the room needing to take a walk and clear my head. Once I return he walks up to me and pulls me into his arms. "I don't care what scars you have, I will love you no matter what. If anything scars show how strong you are", I smile before wiggling out of his grip and he chuckles as I press the call button for the doctor. He gives me the okay to go home the next day so they could give me some more blood before I leave. First thing in the morning I fill out an adoption application for Lizzy while Damien goes to pick up some takeout. While I'm waiting to hear if my application got accepted I stand in the waiting room pacing. A nurse calls me over to the front desk, "there's someone on the phone for you". I take the phone and put it up to my ear, "Hello?". "Oh my goddess I'm so happy you are okay. I'm going to kill that jackass mate of yours. Did I hear you found a baby while you were running?", my best friend Melina starts ranting and interrogating me. "Woah relax girl, I am doing great just really hungry but Alpha, I mean Damien is getting takeout right now so I'm good. You don't have to kill him anymore because he apologized and we made up. Yes I did find a baby, her name is Lizzy and I'm waiting to hear back about my adoption application for her", I blush remembering the events of my evening. "Okay we are going to have to discuss this made up part and omg my bestie is going to be a mommy!", I laugh at her reaction and see another nurse coming towards me with some papers in hand. I say my goodbyes to Melina as I take the papers from the nurse and she smiles at me. I open the envelope to see my application with a large green stamp on it that says approved. I feel tears of joy well up in my eyes and strong arms wrap around my waist, I can tell by the immediate sparks that it is my mate. "Are you ready to take our daughter home?", he softly kisses my cheek and smiles before releasing me. I wish I could hold him all day, Athena growls in annoyance. "Our?", I look up at him curiously. He nods and smiles more as a nurse comes up to us with our perfect little Lizzy in a baby carrier with a bunny snuggie, new blankets, a new pacifier and a stocked diaper bag. The nurse sees my confusion and looks at Damien, "Alpha may have been spoiling her a lot lately". I smile and take the carrier from the nurse as Damien gets the bag.