Chapter 29

It's been a few weeks and today is my gender reveal party. Melina decided to do it by having Jackson shift and pouring colored powder on his back either pink or blue to match the gender then black overtop of it so we don't see until he starts running and the color flies through the air. I absolutely love the idea of including our wolves in on it. We are all standing outside talking to each other as I play with some pups that pack members have brought to watch. Melina whistles and announces it is time. Jackson shifts into his chocolate brown wolf and stands next to Melina. She puts her back to us and quickly gets to work with the powder pouring it on him then she puts the black colored pouch in her pocket and pulls out another before putting that one in her pocket as well. We all start counting down and when we reach one Jackson runs leaving pink and black coloring flying through the air. Damien picks me up and spins me around, "It's a girl!". He smashes his lips on mine until we break it smiling. I thank Melina and Jackson and we continue our party. Pack members brought all kinds of clothes and toys for the baby but I think my favorite thing was a blue silicone pacifier with the moon phases on it that Liv brought me. I cried when I opened it and hugged her tightly. After we are done opening gifts and eating Damien drags me aside, "I have to show you something". I smile and let him drag me into the forest through a small dirt trail. He covers my eyes as we walk and I roll my eyes under his hands, "I felt that". I laugh as we continue walking. It has been hard for me to trust him but I have decided to put the past behind me for the sake of my pups so I trust that he would not be bringing me into danger. After a few minutes he says, "Okay ready? Open your eyes". I open my eyes to see a beautiful crystal clear lake with a waterfall and beautiful flowers all around with a log cabin. I smile and look around before turning around to thank Damien but notice he is on one knee with a rock in his hand. He opens it and I notice it's a gorgeous blue geode ring box with a silver ring with what looks like moss agate crystal on it. I gasp and cover my mouth. "Jade, you are the best thing that ever happened to me. I shut you out at first and I'm sure you hated me for it, I let you get hurt and let my anger and my father get in the way of us and for that I am deeply sorry. I can't think of life without thinking about you and I can't live without you. Melina told me about your dream ring so I decided that was the ring I would ask you with. Jade Nightshade will you accept me as your mate and marry me?", a tear rolls down his cheek as I smile and nod happily. He puts the ring on my finger and hugs me carefully but I squeeze him tightly keeping my belly away from him. How did I get so lucky to have him as my mate? I can't wait to have my wedding and accept my mate.

A month passes and my baby is now appearing to be 8 months old so she will be ready to come any time now. At my doctor appointment the doctor said if I don't give birth naturally within the next 3 weeks I will have to have a c-section. Today is the day of my wedding and I am sitting in the nursery rocking Lizzy in the rocking chair. She starts crying and I know she's hungry but I left her bottle on the changing table on the other side of the room. I sigh, "Sometimes I just wish I had the power to move things without getting up like", I lift my hand in the direction of the bottle before motioning towards me jokingly but as I do it the bottle comes flying into my hand. My jaw drops, "No way that did not just happen". I look at the changing table where I also left my phone and I do it again as my phone flies into my hand, "This is so cool". I feed Lizzy and pretend like nothing happened. I put on my white dress with white flowery lace and can't help but look at my large stomach, this isn't how I had dreamed my wedding would be. Melina comes in and stares at me in awe, "Oh my goddess you are beautiful!". I thank her and she takes Lizzy while helping me put on my vail. We walk outside and start going down the dirt trail. We decided to get married by the lake that Damien proposed to me at since it is close to the pack house so we can just come back here to celebrate. As we walk to the edge of the forest Melina takes Lizzy and sits down as my dad gets up and comes to me, "You're beautiful honey". I thank him and the music starts so we entwine our arms together and start walking down the isle. I look up and see Damien looking at me in awe as a tear slips down his cheek and he quickly wipes it away. My dad passes me on to Damien. "We have gathered here today to unite this happy couple of mates and prove their love for each other. Have you prepared your vows?", Damien's dad looks at him and he nods. "Jade, I've loved you since the day I laid eyes on you and I wanted so badly to call you mine right then and there. I let my judgement get clouded and I have many regrets for what I have done but I believe the best thing I have ever done was mark you. I can't wait to spend every day with you and raise our kids together. I love you Jade", he holds back tears and looks down at my lips. I bite my bottom lip as he looks from my lips to my eyes before closing his eyes and inhaling deeply.