Chapter 13

I quickly flip the lights on as the person turns their head to face me. I let out a sigh of relief as I recognize the person, Melina. "Jeez Melina you could have turned on the light, would have saved me a heart attack", I glare at her annoyingly. She begins laughing causing me to roll my eyes at her. "Well Mrs. Worrywart, I just woke up a few minutes ago and got dressed but decided to come check on Lizzy. June and I woke up in the middle of the night and went to our rooms to sleep so I had to walk down the hall to come see her. She was still sleeping so I left the light off when I came in and didn't think anyone else would be awake at this time. You probably woke up from hearing my footsteps in the hallway", she turns back to Lizzy who still sleeps peacefully sprawled out in her crib. "Fair point but she clearly didn't wake up from the light, she's a heavy sleeper", I close the door behind me before walking up next to Melina while we observe Lizzy. She agrees as we watch Lizzy wiggle around cutely during her peaceful slumber. I sit in the rocking chair as Melina sits on the floor next to the rib. "So I was thinking, we haven't had much fun in a long time and we haven't gotten to spend quality time with everyone at once yet. I have an idea", I watch as nods and narrows her eyes at me. "True, we need to do something together soon. Though with your ideas sometimes, I'm scared", I feel the nervousness radiating off of her in waves causing me to giggle. "I have no idea what you're talking about", I pretend to be shocked. "Oh yeah? How about the time you made dirt ramps, took a shopping cart, and had me push you in it down the hill towards the ramp. Took a half hour to get the bleeding to stop where the chunk of skin was missing from your knee and that's even with the fast healing we have'', she side eyes me causing me to begin laughing hysterically. "Bleeding or not, that was extremely fun and ten out of ten would do again", she shakes her head in disappointment. "Anyways this idea isn't too bad and isn't really dangerous at all. We haven't been to an amusement park since we were like eight years old so I think we should all go to the one about an hour away that has a waterpark included", her jaw drops and her eyes light up immediately.  "Oh my gosh, yes!", she screeches excitedly but careful to not wake up Lizzy. I laugh at her reaction, "But we have to go wake everyone up and make sure today's a good day for them". "Well considering June and I were supposed to go home yesterday and we're still here, I would say at least we don't have anything important to do today. Plus since Jackson is my mate, I'm going to be moving in here at the pack house soon anyways", Melina blushes at the thought of her mate causing me to smile. "I totally forgot about you guys going home yesterday. I uh, got busy and fell asleep", she smirks slightly. "Ah yes got busy, I can tell by that mark of yours", I smile before walking to the door motioning for her to follow. We slowly make our way to the room June is staying in. "So I think we should wake up June and tell her first, then Jackson and Damien", she agrees as we continue walking until we reach the right room. We knock before opening the door and entering the room. June sits up in bed sleepily, clearly just waking up. She groans as she rubs her eyes, 'What time is it?". "Almost eight in the morning and we have plans so you need to get up", I jump on her bed in attempt to annoy her until she gets out of bed. The girls both laugh as June crawls out of bed before going to her closet. She talks loudly so we can hear her from the other room, "So what are these plans you speak of?". "We are going to an amusement park that is part water park so grab a swimsuit while you're in there", she walks to the door way of her closet smiling. "I could really use some fun right now, who all is going?", she walks back in before rustling comes from the room as she picks out her clothes. "Well we're hoping everyone can go so me, you, Jade, Jackson, Damien, and Lizzy if the boys don't have something to do today", Melina explains happily. "If they do I'll rearrange their plans so they can come, I may not have been forced to do pack duties but I do know how to do the scheduling parts. Make sure you bring some sunscreen especially for Lizzy", she comes out fully dressed with a drawstring bag in her hands. "I'll grab some from the storage room and throw it in my bag with my towel and bathing suit", she sits the bag next to the door before coming to sit on the bed next to us. "Hey maybe you'll find your mate there, a tall muscular guy perhaps", Melina teases. June visually cringes at her words, "I've never really felt attracted to guys and the whole masculine features thing grosses me out but I know since my mate will be meant for me, I'll love him". I tilt my head in confusion, "June you do realize there's different sexualities and there are such thing as same sex mates right?". "Well I knew about sexualities with humans but I didn't know werewolves could have it because of the mate bond. I never knew there's actually same sex mates", she noticeably zones out in her thoughts. "Yeah there's always been same sex mates they just aren't very common but can definitely happen. I have read about it before in a werewolf book when I was younger", my words snap her back to reality as she nods while taking in the information. Melina speaks up, "I actually have something to tell you both".