Chapter 17

At the ride next to me stands a man and a women, clearly mates, with their twin daughters. The two little girls are adorable blonde haired toddlers around the age of three. I watch as they stand together next to their stroller where their mother is gathering their things while talking to her mate. They cutely play with their toys while watching everyone walk by. I look down at Lizzy and feel tears start to well up in my eyes. Will Lizzy ever get to grow up with a sibling? Someone close to her age that she can play and have fun with? "I'm sure it'll be okay Jade", Athena says while trying to hide the sadness in her voice. I quickly wipe my tears with my free hand as I hear Jackson's voice becoming closer. I feel warm arms wrap around my waist as lips are gently placed on my neck before being removed moments later. "Why are you sad princess?", I hear Damien's voice whisper in my ear softly. "I'm fine there's no need to worry", I turn to look at him smiling as best I can. He gives me a look that says this isn't over but goes back to his conversation with Jackson. We all just stand and talk about random things for a few minutes while I get Lizzy set up in her stroller again. "Do you guys want to just go swimming now instead of waiting? I'm getting pretty burned out myself", Jackson states before sighing heavily. We all agree after the exhausting few hours we already went through. I skip happily as we make our way to the waterpark, it had been so long since I had gotten to swim. Okay not too terribly long but it had been while and now? I get to swim with my new family and my child for the first time ever and I'm so excited to spend time with them. Damien chuckles at my childish behavior as we walk into the water park. We go our separate ways, the boys into their changing rooms and the girls into theirs. The women's changing room had bathrooms, showers, and small booths with curtains for changing. Melina stands outside of my changing booth with Lizzy until I'm done changing into my black bikini with skulls on it. I change Lizzy while I wait for Melina and June to finish up before walking out to wait for the guys. They come out a few minutes later laughing about something which I don't even bother to ask about, knowing it's more than likely something stupid. We walk over to the lazy river and start sitting down our belongings on some beach chairs. I lift Lizzy out of the stroller as June runs towards us with a baby innertube. The baby innertubes here are clear plastic in the shape of a disc with slightly raised sides on the top part and handles on the side. I take it from her smiling as we all grab ourselves innertubes as well. Jackson, Melina, and June all lay on top of their innertubes with their butts in the middle. Damien and I instead stand inside our tubes and lean over the edge so that we can hold onto each other as well as Lizzy. The others are already relaxing and going around by the time Damien, Lizzy, and I start going around. I keep a close eye on Lizzy as she lays on her back on the innertube. She looks around curiously while wiggling around cutely and smiles when she sees me. "She's so adorable", Athena happily states and I agree. Damien grabs the other handle on Lizzy's innertube while holding a handle on mine with his other hand. By this time the others had made their way completely around and back to us. Melina smiles looking at Lizzy, "She certainly doesn't mind the ride". "Definitely, she's loving it", I smile at her and the others as they grab handles on each other's tubes to float with us. We all relax and lay on our tubes, enjoying the warmth of the sun on our skin. Just then our tubes jerk forward suddenly and I open my eyes to look towards where the movement came from. I notice a girl, probably late teens or early twenties, on an innertube had accidently backed into us while her friend was messing with her. She turns to us quickly, "I am so sorry I didn't mean to bump into you guys. I'll try to be more careful next ti-" she stops talking mid sentence as she makes eyes contact with June. "Mate", they simultaneously say while smiling. My eyes go wide with shock as I turn to see Damien staring in confusion. "I'm proud of her for finding her mate, good for her!", Athena exclaims excitingly. Melina congratulates her but all June does is look at Damien, clearly terrified. "But aren't you like straight?", he asks awkwardly. "N-No Damien, I'm bisexual. I'm sorry I never said anything I just thought my mate would be a guy and I wouldn't have to tell anyone and I didn't want you to be mad or disappoi-", her ranting is cut off by Damien. "June stop, you don't have to explain yourself and I would NEVER be disappointed in you especially for finding out who you truly are. But as for you" he looks towards June's mate, "we have a lot to learn about you and for the protection of the pack I need to get to know you", he marrows his eyes at her suspiciously. Her eyes widen, "Wait you're the A-Alpha". He nods, "Yeah and your mate here, she's my sister". The girl looks between the two of them, clearly shaken up by the situation. I quickly intervein, "Hi there my name is Jade and I'm the Luna of the pack, what's your name?". She shakily answers, "I'm Liv, I-It's a pleasure meeting you Luna". I smile as Damien huffs next to me, overprotective brothers jeez. Liv turns away from us to talk to her friend who quickly interrogates her after noticing who we are. I take this time to turn to my left and check on Lizzy but as I do all I see is an empty innertube. 

I wrote the majority of this part at like 5 AM so if something is spelled or worded wrong I am truly sorry and I hope you enjoyed the chapter anyways :) - Keyona/Keena