Chapter 16

I quickly open my eyes and look around to see a car drive past and the driver flips us off before going pale, probably realizing his alpha was the one driving. "Why does everyone ruin our naps?", Athena grumbles. "Jackasses need to learn how to drive and not cut people off", Damien rants as anger radiates off of him. I place my hand on his free hand to try calming him as I look back to the others who are now also half awake and looking around. "Everyone okay? June check Lizzy, I'm surprised she isn't crying from that", she quickly checks on her before exhaling and smiling. "She's okay just sleeping, she really is a heavy sleeper", everyone laughs and agrees they're okay as well. I sit regularly in my seat and watch the trees go by as we drive past them. Damien lets go of my hand causing me to whimper. He smirks causing me to raise an eyebrow at him as he slides his hand across my thigh, squeezing lightly. "Please go higher", Athena hornilly whines. I roll my eyes and continue watching out the window. "Damien how much longer until we're there, I'm bored", Melina yells from the back. "Only about ten minutes, it's already been an hour and fifteen minutes of driving", he reassures her while continuing to drive. After those ten minutes pass we pull up to the booth and pay for parking. Once we find the closest parking spot possible we begin unloading the car. Lizzy wakes up shortly after I get her carrier out of the car as Damien sets up her stroller. I give her to him and he gets her all ready to go while I look through her diaper bag. I find a grey silicone pacifier in the bag and give it to her while taking away the red one she had from bedtime. She happily trades pacifiers so I put the red one in the bag and lower the sunshade on her stroller a little. Everyone agrees they're ready so we make our way to the front gate together. After an exhausting few minutes going through security we pay and enter the park. "I get they have to check us for weapons and all but they could have been less handsy with you", Damien whispers through gritted teeth. "Damien it's their jobs, it's not like they'd want to touch me", I roll my eyes before resuming our walk to the main part of the park. "They should already know what our mate would do to them for touching us", Athena says while being clearly irritated. "Are you being self conscious right now? You are the most beauti-", I cut him off. "Oh my gosh Damien no, I'm not being self conscious I just don't think they we're interested in me plus they know I'm mated", I give him a look and he doesn't bother talking back. "So are we swimming first or going on rides? There isn't many rides Lizzy can go on", June speaks up as we stop walking. "Well someone can always stay with Lizzy while the others go on rides, preferably someone who doesn't like certain rides so they aren't being left out", I look between the three that I know the least about when it comes to rides. Jackson immediately speaks up, "If you're meaning like roller coasters and tall stuff then I'll stay back, I don't do heights". Melina looks at him and shakes her head but agrees that it works well for us. "We could do the balloon ride, the carousel, the turtles, the old mil, the paddle boats, and the beginning of the ark with Lizzy. The roller coasters and everything else we can do afterwards while she rests for swimming if that sounds good with you guys", June suggests looking at me for approval. I smile and nod, "Sounds like a great idea". We go through and ride all the rides and have a blast, next up is the ark ride. I lift Lizzy into my arms again and sit her stroller next to the worker who offered to watch it for me. "Jade before we go in I need to tell you something", Damien looks down at me with a mix of emotions in his eyes. I cradle Lizzy with one arm and lift the other to place a hand on his cheek. I gently rub it with my thumb causing him to relax a little, "What is it babe?". He opens his eyes and exhales, "I know that there is a room in here that's tilted and can effect vertigo and well, I have issues with it. I'm scared, I don't want to get dizzy or anything". I pull his head down to me and kiss his forehead. "We don't have to go that way plus someone has to take Lizzy out before we get to the moving part anyways, you can take her and wait for us to go through", he smiles and nods. We get through the ride and meet Damien outside where he already has her back in the stroller. "We didn't take too long did we? I didn't expect you to have her ready to go already", I come up next to him and give him a side hug. He rubs my back gently, "You didn't take long I just didn't want her to get hot or sunburnt from the sun while standing with her". "Oh my gosh that reminds me everyone needs to put sunscreen on, now", June opens her bag and throws Melina and I a bottle of sunscreen. She grabs a tube of sunscreen out of her bag and walks over to the stroller as she starts putting it on Lizzy carefully. The rest of us take turns spraying each other with our sunscreen. We continue going on rides for awhile longer which tires me out fairly quickly. "You're sure you don't want to go on this ride with us?", June looks at me worryingly. "If we have to walk any more right now I might just pass out and leave you alone", Athena complains. I nod while rocking Lizzy in my arms, "I'm a little burned out from everything so I'm just going to spend time with Lizzy and relax until we go to the water park". She nods and they leave me to get in line. Looking around my surroundings, I notice something that makes my heart sink.