Chapter 26

I shrug and walk into the next section sifting through all the books. I gather probably ten books and slowly go through all of them trying to find any useful information. Nothing useful in any of the mythology books so I return them before continuing my research. Suddenly a stack of about five books is plopped on the table in front of me. I look up to see Damien smiling, "Not everyone has access to the best books, but I do". I pull the top book off the stack and read the cover "Witches and Wizardry". I give him a look that causes him to raise his hands in defense, "Hey you never know". I shake my head as he sits next to me and begins reading through the books I had picked out. After a few minutes Damien gets a phone call and leaves me to do my research alone. I go through a few witch books before finding a story about witches living near werewolf packs and doing things with unmated wolves. I write down as much information on this as I can. Another part of the book says about how some witches have special abilities but the witches do something to their babies so that they don't have them if they are part werewolf. Could it be possible my mother isn't who she says she is? I don't find any more information so I just take what I have. I walk to Damien's office and knock, "Come in baby". I come in and he is sitting at his desk flipping through some files. "So I found some information but it doesn't match up with my childhood that I know of and I hope it's wrong", I stand next to him as he puts his papers on the desk motioning for me to sit on his lap. I sit and wrap my arms around his neck and he kisses my neck lightly his voice muffled, "Why would you want it to be wrong?". I burry my face in his neck too, "Would you reject me if I wasn't a full werewolf?". He stiffens and growls lightly. "I will never reject you Jade. I hope one day you will trust me fully and stop thinking I would ever reject you. Although I don't understand what you mean, what else would you be?". "According to the information I found, the only record of this ever happening was when witches would breed with unmated wolves to get children. They do something to alter them so they wouldn't have abilities though. Maybe some how my mom is a witch or my mom isn't actually my mom. I don't know why they would leave my abilities but they must have", he pulls away and looks down. "I don't know how my father or the pack is going to like that but we need to make sure first. I think it's time you talk to your dad again", I agree and look down at my stomach. "Damien, I'm already starting to show', he sits me on the desk and I lift my shirt and sure enough I already have a small bump forming. "There's definitely something going on that's hard to explain, at this rate the baby will be full term in a few months", he holds my stomach with one hand and wraps his other arm around me. We stay like that for a few moments until my stomach starts to hurt, "I'm hungry, I want Doritos and taco sauce". "Well you're definitely pregnant", he laughs and helps me off the desk. We head to the kitchen and I grab the Doritos and taco sauce before sitting at the table. Damien makes some pizza rolls and sits next to me. "I need to get some pregnancy clothes or loose shirts. We're also going to have to tell the pack and my dad about the baby. We should go tell my dad tomorrow and talk to him about my abilities", I move my chair closer to his so I can reach him and I hug his side. "Plus he needs to meet Lizzy but yeah we should. You're adorable when you're needy", he smiles looking down at me. We finish eating and I yawn as exhaustion washes over me. "Come on let's get you to bed, I'll feed Lizzy and get her back to sleep then I'll join you", he lifts me into his arms carrying me from the kitchen. I let my eyes close and the exhaustion takes over.
Before I can open my passenger side door Damien comes running around the car and opens it for me. I laugh as he helps me out of the car. He pushes the stroller with Lizzy in it and I hold his hand. As we reach the front door my dad opens is, "What an amazing surprise! How are you dear?". He hugs me and shakes Damien's hand, "I'm good dad, oh shit I'll be back I have to get her diaper bag out of the car". I excuse myself and begin walking towards the car. I make it about half way when I hear sudden footsteps behind me and my mouth is covered with some kind of cloth, I struggle to break free but I don't succeed and everything starts to blur as I hear Damien yell, "JADE!". Everything goes black as I slip away unconscious. When I wake up I feel a cold breeze on my body and open my eyes to look down my body. I am completely naked tied to a bed. Oh my goddess what is going on. I see a figure standing in the shadows of this dark and cold room. I yell out as loudly as I can, which to my surprise isn't very loud at all. "Who are you? Why are you doing this?", I see the figure move slightly in the shadows. I then hear the sound of clapping before a deep chuckle is heard from the direction of the figure.