Chapter 12

"Y-Yes?", My voice comes out shakier than expected causing me to curse under my breathe. "Can I come in? Please?", Damien asks with worry evident in his voice. I look down my body as I shrug, "I guess so". The door nob turns as Damien walks in, his eyes immediately lock on mine as I smile slightly. His eyes slowly drift down as I look away feeling the heat on my cheeks. Using his wolf speed, Damien rushes to me before lifting my legs around his waist. I instinctively wrap my arms around his neck as I look into his eyes. His wolf is clearly in control, Athena growls in my head on the verge of taking over. Damien blinks rapidly as his eyes convert back to normal. I breathe in and out slowly having an internal conflict with my wolf. I'm slowly put back on my feet as I open my eyes to look up at him, "I'm sorry my wolf took control I couldn't help it". I nod while my hands travel down his body causing him to growl lowly as I brush against him. I reach over shutting off the water knowing his eyes are glued to me. "I don't want to lose you", Damien almost whispers. I turn back to him as his eyes flash with sadness. "You won't", I wrap my arms around him gently while resting my head on his chest so that I can see his face. "If you're not ready to mate then I will lose you", his eyes become watery causing Athena to whimper. "Who said I'm not ready?", I wipe his tears gently. He raises an eyebrow, "You did". "Damien that was before and this is now", I let my hands snake around his neck. "Let me make it up to you, have an extra special bath with me?", His eyes become pure wolf as he lifts me off my feet before carrying me to the tub.

Rolling over slowly, I notice a strong arm around my waist causing a smile to slowly spread across my face. I feel him adjust to my movement unintentionally showing he's awake, "Good morning Damien". I turn to him and pull myself against his chest as I look up into his eyes. "Good morning princess, or should I say Luna now that you're officially mine", he burrows his face in my neck to inhale my scent deeply. "If I can't call you Alpha you can't call me Luna", he pulls away to look me in the eyes for a moment before facing down in surrender. I instantly remember the girls as I sit up quickly, "Have you heard from Melina or June? What time is it?". "I haven't heard from them and it's a little after 10:00 pm", I turn to him in surprise. I hadn't even thought about checking on them or checking the time. I quickly rush out of bed before opening the door and running out of the room. I open the nursery door as I observe the room. Melina and June lay sprawled across the floor on opposite sides of Lizzy's swing, sleeping. I smile as I shake my head slightly. After noticing some small movement on the swing I walk over, careful to not wake the girls. Lizzy lays in the swing dressed in her cherry blossom decorated pajamas. She holds her bunny snuggle toy as she sucks on her pink silicone pacifier. I notice that she is also sleeping causing me to smile at how adorable she is. I carefully lift her from the swing before placing her in the crib. She wiggles around getting comfortable before falling asleep again. I walk into the closet grabbing two blankets I had stored there for using on the rocking chair. I lay one on June and begin unfolding the other. Damien walks in and reaches for the light switch as I quickly whisper making sure it's loud enough for him to hear, "Stop, they're sleeping". He halts in his place before letting his arms fall to his sides. He walks closer to me as I place the blanket on Melina. "They must not have wanted to leave her side knowing we were sleeping", he whispers while looking at his sister. "She was so happy the past few days, she hasn't been that happy since before our mom died", he whispers before looking down. I wrap my arms around him gently as I rub his back. "Thank you for helping make her happy again", he kisses the top of my head lightly. I nod my head as I take his hand in mine before walking out of the room. I bring him back into our bedroom before crawling into bed. I snuggle up to him as I let sleep take over me. Leaving Damien in bed, snoring away peacefully, I walk into the closet searching for an outfit. After the hectic few days I think it would be a great time to spend some time with everyone at once and have some fun. There's movie theaters, bowling alleys, arcades, amusement parks, and waterparks we could go to. An idea suddenly hits me as I smile, about an hour away there's an amusement park with a waterpark inside. A roller coaster and swimming day is definitely what we need. Melina and I used to love amusement parks when we were younger and would go together all the time with my parents, when they were still together. I count on my fingers how long it has been and estimate about ten years since we went to one. I continue searching for an outfit, limiting my selection on what would be best to walk a lot in. I decide on a pair of black ripped jeans and a black shirt with a cross and smoke on it. I get dressed before checking the time to see it is a little after seven in the morning. I exit the room, careful to not wake Damien as I close the door behind me. I open the nursery door and begin to reach for the light switch as I notice a dark figure next to Lizzy's crib.