Chapter 6

I get hundreds of replies of "Yes Luna" before I close the mind link. Damien looks down at me in surprise, "You're sticking up for yourself? I'm so proud of you". I smile and we continue our plans for dinner. After dinner we head to the backyard where every pack member has gathered around. Damien, Jackson and I step up on the stage as I hand Lizzy to Jackson. "As you know I am the Alpha's mate so therefore I am this pack's Luna. I have noticed the tons of glares and stares of hatred I have been receiving from you all. I assume some doubt I am strong enough to be the Luna, others aggravated by the fact I may not be able to carry the Alpha's heirs. My chances have only been lowered, it is not definite and I will not be disrespected by my pack because of it. I will try my best to continue the bloodline no matter how long it takes. If you disrespect me or your Alpha you will be punished.", most of them nod in agreement some minds being changed by my speech. "Why would we want a pathetic Luna that wasn't even wanted by her own mate to begin with? He should just reject you and get a real woman that can actually birth pups and not adopt some random pup", a female member of the pack steps forward smirking. I smile at her and step down off of the stage. I walk up to her and quickly grab her by the neck squeezing tightly as I hear her bones start to break. She scratches at my hand attempting to escape, "No one will talk about my mate or my pup like that and get away with it". I finally snap her neck and let her body fall from my hands. I look around to see everyone stunned and Damien smiling. "I really don't want to kill or hurt pack members so all I ask for is your respect and in return you will get the same", mostly everyone smiles and nods their heads. I dismiss everyone as we head back into the pack house. I take Lizzy and walk to the bedroom, Damien follows behind pouting. Once I get into the room I lay Lizzy in the cradle and turn to Damien. I walk up to him and cup his face in my hands before placing my lips on his for a few seconds. He pulls away smiling, "Much better. I needed attention too". I roll my eyes and grab my pajamas before walking to the bathroom. I am tired but I can't sleep covered in blood. I take a quick shower just to wash off as well as wash the blood out of my hair. When I return to the room Damien is laying in bed fast asleep. I lay down and set my alarm before placing my hand on his chest and closing my eyes. I lift Lizzy from her cradle and look around the room, Damien no where in sight. I check the time and see its 10:18 so I know he is in his meeting. The girls will be here to get us at 10:30 so I lay Lizzy on the bed and quickly get dressed in a pair of black leggings and a loose red sweater. I change Lizzy's diaper and dress her in a cute red dress I found in her diaper bag. I look through the bag more and find a red pacifier that says daddy on it,"Perfect, daddy must have bought this while mommy was in the hospital". I gently take her pacifier out of her mouth and replace it with the new one. She sucks on it a little before starting to cry again, "I know honey, let's go get you some good stuff". I lift her into my arms and place her diaper bag inside of her carrier. As I'm about to pick it up with my free hand there's a knock on the bedroom door. "Come in", the door opens and Jackson walks in. "Hey Jade, Melina and June just pulled in. Do you need help carrying some stuff?", he looks down at the carrier. "Uh yeah can you feed Lizzy while I finish getting ready?", he nods and picks up the diaper bag and puts it over his shoulder before taking Lizzy into his arms. He leaves the room as I gather the rest of my belongings I would need for the day. After going to the bathroom and finishing getting ready I walk out of the room. As I reach the staircase I see the girls about to come up, "Hey guys I'm ready I just have to get Lizzy and Jackson, he was feeding her while I got ready. Come on". We walk into the kitchen and as soon as Melina and Jackson make eye contact they both smile. "Mate", Jackson hands me Lizzy and hugs Melina. We laugh and talk about how ironic it is that the Luna's best friend would be the Beta's mate. We get in the car and start heading where we're going. I want to get a stroller first so that I don't have to carry her all day or put her carrier in a cart", I look down at her carrier while carrying it. "Good idea, I'm sure that'll be hard to carry after awhile and we have to get one for her anyways", we walk into a shop and start looking for strollers. I pick out a beautiful 2 in 1 black bassinet stroller and pay for it. The lady that works there helps me set it up for Lizzy so we can continue our shopping. Jackson offers to push the stroller so that I could look around easier and I agree. I get a nice light pink crib with a built in changing table. Some other furniture for the nursery I decide on is a rocking chair and a unicorn pink baby swing. We order all that and have it delivered to the pack house while we continue shopping. I get some cute little girls clothes and toys for Lizzy as well as more pacifiers. After we're done making sure we have everything to spoil her with we check out and head home. Jackson mind links some pack members to carry the big stuff up to the nursery before we get home and after a moment he clenches his jaw clearly angry. "Everything okay Jackson?", I ask him curiously.