Chapter 18

The beginning of this chapter is being written while I'm extremely tired and didn't sleep last night so yet again there may be slight errors and I apologize but I just want to finish this book as quickly as I can so that I can work on the next one :(

I frantically look around just to find Jackson walking through the water with Lizzy in his arms. Athena angrily growls, "I should rip him apart limb by limb". "Damien please take Lizzy", I close my eyes breathing in and out deeply before opening them to see that he did. I then punch Jackson's arm and he growls in pain while looking at me like I'm a psycho. "You gave me a fucking heart attack Jackson! Never do that again", I use my stern and commanding Luna tone and he lowers his head in submission immediately. We get out of the water with Liv following close behind. We all exchange phone numbers with her before parting ways. Jackson stays with Lizzy while the rest of us go on the waterslides. While standing in line at the top of a waterslide I turn to June, "So are you excited to have found your mate? Oh and that means you get to move into the pack house so we can spend more time together!". "I am excited for both of those things of course but there's also the factor of not knowing who she is other than her name, I'm nervous", June looks down at her feet. Athena speaks lowly as she is clearly worried, "Jade what if she has reason to worry? Another person close to Damien means another possibility of danger for the pack and our mate". I mind link back to her, "I know but I have to stay strong for her". "She's clearly a nice person so I'm sure everything will be fine. In fact, I'm going to invite her to lunch tomorrow with me, Damien, and you", she nods still looking down. I nudge her shoulder so she looks up and point towards the waterslide as she notices we're next. A small smile slowly appears on her face as we sit in the innertube and are pushed down the slide. Once we get to the bottom I run up to Jackson and Lizzy before grabbing my phone and sending a text to Liv, "Hey girl it's Jade, I was wondering if you'd like to go out to lunch tomorrow with June, Damien, and myself so we can get to know each other?". June yells from afar, "Damien and I are going on the slide together while Melina and Jackson are on the mats slide! I'll meet you down here when we're done!". I give her a thumbs up before looking down at my phone to check my messages. I see Liv responded and open it, "Sure, can we go to The East Shore Café?". Athena hums suspiciously, "Why does it specifically have to be that café?". I roll my eyes at her, "Maybe she lives close to it or something I don't know and I don't care. That café works for me". I quickly respond, "That's a good bit away from the pack house but yeah no problem". "Okay cool, how about eleven o'clock?", she asks as I think about what day tomorrow is. "Sounds good to me, I'll talk to Damien and let you know if we can't do that time though", I see Damien and June walking towards me so I shut off my phone and put it away.  "Hey baby are we busy at eleven in the morning tomorrow?", he raises his eyebrow at me. "Uh no I don't think so, why?", I smile happily and wrap my arms around him. "Because we are going out to lunch with Liv at the East Shore Café so we can get to know her", he sighs quietly but I feel it as his chest rises. "I guess since she'll be moving in soon it would be best to get it over with quickly", I nod and let him go. "It's getting pretty late, you guys done swimming?", Damien asks Jackson and Melina as they walk up to us. They both tiredly nod so we gather our things and go back to the changing rooms. Jackson takes over driving on the way home causing Damien and I to sit in the back. He sits with his legs laying on the seats as I lay on top of him, resting my head on his chest. He rubs my back gently and I can't help but want to stay like this forever. I look up to see him staring down at me in awe. "I never want to look away from our mate", Athena purrs in my head. I squeeze him lightly while looking up at him with puppy dog eyes, "Babe I'm tired". He smiles and shakes his head at me, "Then take a nap baby girl". "But I don't want to leave you", I pout sadly. "Princess, my love, sweetheart, you won't be leaving me just by taking a nap. Please get some rest and I'll carry you into the house when we get there", I feel my cheeks heat up at the overuse of nicknames. I nod while keeping my head against his chest. I close my eyes and let sleep take over me... A faint voice awakens me from my peaceful slumber, "Baby girl wake up". I groan lightly and feel around myself, noticing that I'm laying on a warm figure. I open my eyes and look up to see that I'm laying on Damien. I let my head drop back onto his chest as I exhale deeply. Damien chuckles before playing with my hair, "It's ten o'clock babe we need to get ready to go". I nod and weakly lift my body out of the bed, stumbling as I make my way to the bathroom. I rub my eyes before running a washcloth under the faucet. I lift the cold rag to my eyes and gently rub it across them to wake myself up. After finishing up in the bathroom I walk back into the bedroom and look around for Damien but eventually give up when I am unable to find him in the room. I walk into the closet and begin looking through my clothes for an outfit but am abruptly stopped by the sound of the bedroom door bursting open.