Chapter 11

I turn to Damien just to see him having the same emotion I am having, fear. John stands up from his chair before walking to a door which isn't the door we came in with. He turns around clearly waiting for me to follow him. Damien squeezes my hand reassuringly so I nod and get out of my chair before following John. He leads me into a hallway with another door at the other end. If his son is scared of him shouldn't I be too? I could be getting led to my death without even knowing, though Damien seemed to calm down when he saw where we were going. "Our family has been in charge for centuries, forty-two years to be exact. It all started when one of my family members discovered he was the Luna's mate. She ended up passing away before she had pups, leaving the bloodline at a halt. The alpha then got a second chance mate and had pups with her to continue the bloodline. Ever since then the first son of the Alpha has been the next Alpha", he begins talking as we walk closer to the door. "Every Alpha and Luna have to be strong so they can lead the pack incase the other is to die. My son knew this and assumed your ranking based on the fact you didn't live in the pack house. He feared I'd kick you out of the pack and make him reject you so he could get a second chance mate. I wouldn't have went that far anyways, I would have tested your strength first", I look from him back towards the door a few steps away from us. This guy is crazy, maybe I should be worried? He opens the door and steps aside motioning for me to enter. I go in and begin looking around as he closes the door behind me. As I'm looking around I notice a desk with filing cabinets all around. I look up at all the pictures on the wall. "These wolves are the past Alphas and Lunas of the pack, all strong fighters who defended the pack with their lives. After my wife's death the pack did not have a Luna for many years, I was not blessed with a second chance mate. My son was made Alpha last year when I made the conclusion that he was ready to take over for me. I stayed here at the pack house incase he were to fail his position but he has proven that unnecessary", he walks up to the desk before sitting down in the chair. I look up at the last picture on the wall, of Damien. He doesn't look much different but I'm sure a lot has changed since then. "I hope the information I have provided you with helps you understand why my son did what he did. I am glad you are his mate and the new Luna of this pack. Though I continue to fear for the bloodline, I am sure you will do everything in your power to ensure it does not end here. Now that you are mated to my son and officially the Luna the pack's full power will be restored", I nod while beginning to walk towards the desk again. "Actually we ha-", I am cut off as a sharp pain cuts through my chest bringing me to my knees as I hold my chest in agony. John instantly rushes from his seat to my side, "You haven't completed the mate bond yet have you?! You do understand what will happen if it isn't complete in a certain amount of time don't you?". I hear the door at the end of the hallway open and slam shut as the sound of footsteps got louder and louder by the second. I look back to the hallway as the pain decreases. Damien rushes into the room before embracing me in his arms, "Baby girl are you okay? I thought it would be okay from this distance but I guess not". "Why do you think everyone mates right away? I thought everyone knew if the mate bond isn't complete within so much time one of them will die. In most cases it is the female who's life ends. I do not care to hear the explanation as to why you haven't done it yet so just know you only have about a week to complete it before Jade dies", I stare up at him in shock. I always thought mates completed the bond right away because they waited long enough to find each other not because they had to. I turn to Damien to see him staring at the floor, stiff as a board. I squeeze his arm lightly causing him to turn his head as I watch a tear drip down his cheek. He quickly wipes it away before turning back to John, "I understand father". "I expect you to not let that happen. I also expect you to keep the pack in order without me as I found a house not far from the pack house that I think would be perfect for me. I will be leaving and taking my belongings within the next week to my new home", he walks around us beginning down the hallway. He stops without turning around, "My office is not for sulking. I need to begin packing and cannot do that with you two on my floor". He returns to walking away as Damien stands up extending his hand out to me. I grab it before getting up too, we walk out and back to our bedroom in silence. I make my way in towards the restroom closing the door behind me as I spot Damien staring out the window. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't want to be completely mated to my sexy alpha mate it's the fact that if I do I'll need to have full trust in him and I'm unsure I can do that yet. I remove all of my clothing before twisting the nob to fill the bathtub. I stare at the water as it pours out before evenly mixing with the water kinda how I imagine the mate bond, everything is rough then smooths out in the end. Everything would smooth out in the end right? A loud knock on the door breaks my train of thought.