Chapter XVI- My Absolution

Braiding a French braid into one side of my hair, I was interrupted by a knock on the door. I didn't even glance at it. "Come in!" I called out, staring at the door in the reflection of my dressing table mirror. In came one of the phantoms. The blue eyed blond. I smiled at the sight of him. "Hello. Do you need something?" I inquired in a curious tone.

He didn't say anything, but he walked over to me and held a slip of paper out. I eyed it before taking it in my hand after tying my braid. I unfolded the letter and began reading it.

"Join me on a journey?"

I stared at it. There was no signature on it. I glanced up at him. His ocean blue eyes captured me in a trance before I composed myself. "This is from you? What do you want to do?" I asked in confusion.

He said nothing, but he stepped over to stand behind me. I faced forward and gazed at him in the mirror. I was surprised when I saw him take pieces of my hair in his hands. My eyes widen and my mouth went agape. He wasn't fazed at all. He simply just started braiding the other side of my hair.

He wasn't forceful or harsh about it either. His touch was gentle and soft. The coldness of his hands along with the strength of his touch made it feel like pillows were touching me. Although, I felt bad about him doing that for me. There was a lot of hair to braid. I wonder if his fingers ached even a little.

However, he was done rather quickly. I gasped as I looked in the mirror. I felt the beautiful braid in my hand. "Thank you," I said gratefully, still astonished. I turned around to face him and was met with a hand in front of my face.

I looked up at him and watched him wait patiently. I delicately placed my hand in his and he helped me stand up. "Thank you, again." I smiled. He only lead me to the door and we started walking down the hall. Everything about him seemed so beautiful. He carried that air about him.

After going down both flights of stairs he lead me towards the back entrance of the house. My mind filled with thoughts of where he could be taking me. I wonder what we're going to do. He opened one of the doors for me and I stepped outside. Without missing a beat, he pulled me along and out of the back gates.

I chuckled at his eagerness. He looked a little excited for what was to come. I let him drag me all the way out until we were at the edge of the forest and he stopped. I looked around in confusion before my eyes caught sight of two beautiful creatures and I let out a gasp.

My hands instinctively went to cover my mouth. "Wow," I breathed out. I walked over to one of the saddled horses and ran my hand along it neck. I turned around to look at the blond. "They're beautiful. Where did they come from?" I asked. He only shrugged at me and walked over to the horses. I laughed at his response.

Without a word(mainly because the phantoms don't speak), he knelt down and looked up at me. I was shocked at his actions, and also confused. "What are you doing?" I asked in a surprised tone. He gestured to his leg, then my feet. I gaped at him. "No, I couldn't," I said.

He didn't moved and I felt my cheeks grow rosy. I hesitated before I picked my foot up and gently set it on top of his thigh. I paused before I put any pressure on him. Not wanting to hurt him or anything, I quickly lifted myself onto the Appaloosa's back. The horse didn't make a move either, he didn't seem to care.

After making sure my dress wasn't messed up, I looked down at the phantom who had stood up. I watched as he walked over to the other horse and effortlessly pulled himself into the saddle. "Thank you," I told him gratefully. I could still feel my cheeks burning. He looked over at me and his blue eyes met my golden ones.

I could see the enthusiasm in his eyes. I giggled at the look. To be honest, it had been many years since I was on a horse. I was probably about fifteen the last time I rode one. I looked at him with my own excitement. "Where are we going?" I questioned, a grin spreading across my face.

He grabbed the reigns of the horse and kicked his heels lightly. The horse started walking and he steered it into the forest. I followed his actions and went after him. When I was finally beside him again, I glanced at him. He seemed very focused on what he was doing.

We continued walking through the forest for about six minutes until the trees slowly started clearing up. We were in a meadow with tall grass. A few trees were scattered around the area. I was awestruck. "Wow, this is beautiful," I sighed. But I'd seen it before. I squinted my eyes, trying to figure out where I knew this place from.

My eyes widened when I realized. This is the place from my dream! When I showed Adonis how to make flower crowns. I caught the phantom looking at me. There was a look in his eyes that I couldn't explain.

Then suddenly, he and his horse weren't in front of me. He'd run off. My mouth flew agape. "Hey!!" I shouted, laughing. I quickly chased after him, feeling the horse's mane whip through the air. We ran through the field.

The fresh air was so relaxing and it made everything that much more enjoyable. I felt so free. I couldn't wipe the smile from my face. I finally caught up to him as he slowed down. I swear I saw the hint of a grin on his face before it was gone in a flash.

However, my thoughts were cut off when I saw something hit him. It was a... twig? I looked in the direction it came from and saw three other phantoms. By the body sizes and height differences, I could tell that from left to right there was Salem, Kimaris, and the other unnamed one. Salem was shaking his head, Kimaris was facepalming, and the other was pointing at Kimaris. It was very obvious that he was the one who threw the stick and not Kimaris.

The blond beside me rolled his eyes and got off his horse, holding the reigns in his hand. He walked over to the trio and threw the stick back at the other. I giggled. I quickly stepped down from my horse as well and walked over to them. The brunette was rubbing his forehead, even though it was covered by his mask.

I couldn't help but let out another chuckle. I smiled at them. "Hello, what are you guys doing here?" I curiously asked them. Both Salem and Kimaris pointed their fingers at the shorter phantom. I gave a confused look, but I watched him roll his eyes at the other two.

Before I could ask, I felt the horse's reigns get pulled from my grip. I watched as the blond walked over to one of the forest's trees and tied both horses to it. Shortly after, he returned to the group. He shoved the other phantom to the side, causing him to stumble.

I covered my mouth, trying to hide my laugh. He stared at me then looked down at his hand. He glanced back up at me and tossed a twig at me. We all stared at him in surprise. I gasped as a smirk appeared on my lips. "You!" I laughed, picking the stick back up. I was about to throw it at him when I noticed he ran away. I quickly ran after him. "Get back here!" I exclaimed, laughing as I ran. I heard the others' footsteps behind me.

Damian. The mischievous one. He was playful and funny. He liked to tease the others. He was never out to hurt anyone though. Then there was the blond. He radiated independence and beauty. He was like a god among the damned. Valerian.